Very Off Topic, $4 Prescription Drug Program

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FraidKnot

Washing Up
WalMart, regardless of what you may think of them, has instituted a $4 generic prescription drug program. The list of drugs are in the link below:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=546834

I understand Target is doing something similar and a store I'm not familiar with, HEB.

This wasn't available in my state until just a couple of days ago, now it's available and is a blessing for people who don't have insurance (or even if you do! - doesn't matter!).

Three of my medications are on the list for $4 generic drugs which will make a huge difference in my life! :)

Here's the list (PDF reader required)

http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/genericdruglist.pdf

Fraidy

Not a single medication I take is on that list. I'm so grateful that I have insurance - one perscription alone would be 285.00 a month - with insurance it's 35.00!

Fortunatley most of those drugs (on the list) are the common drugs that most people are prescribed. It will really be a blessing for them. Thank's to WalMart!

K-Mart does the same thing.

Wegman's grocrery stores has a plan as well.

This is nice of them to do it, but the amount of perscriptions that are only 4 bucks is at most 3% of the total drugs in the marketplace.

The prescription drug program is very expensive if you don't have drug coverage on your medical plan. Kmart, Walgreens, CVS Pharmacies, and I think RiteAid offer very good discounts.

Harborwitch said:
Not a single medication I take is on that list. I'm so grateful that I have insurance - one perscription alone would be 285.00 a month - with insurance it's 35.00!

Fortunatley most of those drugs (on the list) are the common drugs that most people are prescribed. It will really be a blessing for them. Thank's to WalMart!

I have insurance which covers most of my medications, however I'll save at least $64.00 per month on copays under this program. Even if this is a marketing scheme to bring more business, if nothing else I would hope that this program will be copied by all pharmacies to benefit more people not within driving distance of WalMart.

Last edited:
From what I understand, Target and other "big box" stores are following suit. Most people's drug co-pays are $10-25 USD so this has got to be helpful for more than just me!

And I don't care if it's a marketing scheme... doesn't mean I'll shop for other stuff. But I will be able to afford my medication and not rely on my doctor having free samples. I don't have a job; I dont have insurance. This is absolutely a blessing.

Fraidy

We have no insurance right now. I take 3 maintenance drugs & my husband takes one. I order one of my 3 from another country for a decent price. The other 2 are on WalMart's list. Yay! Unfortunately, our most expensive prescription is my husband's & it's a controlled substance so he has to have a written prescription for it for every 30 day supply. :(

Corinne said:
We have no insurance right now. I take 3 maintenance drugs & my husband takes one. I order one of my 3 from another country for a decent price. The other 2 are on WalMart's list. Yay! Unfortunately, our most expensive prescription is my husband's & it's a controlled substance so he has to have a written prescription for it for every 30 day supply. :(

If it's available in generic and is on the list it shouldn't matter if the doctor phones it in or if you bring in a written prescription.

My LLL (that's Long Lost Love, way long story! from another bulletin board where I first met KateE and a few other folks who also post here) takes Lipitor. His doctor never even told him there is a generic available! Vytorin. It's not on the $4 drug list but in generic form costs a heck of a lot less than the name brand.

Fraidy

FraidKnot said:
WalMart, regardless of what you may think of them, has instituted a $4 generic prescription drug program. The list of drugs are in the link below:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=546834

I understand Target is doing something similar and a store I'm not familiar with, HEB.

This wasn't available in my state until just a couple of days ago, now it's available and is a blessing for people who don't have insurance (or even if you do! - doesn't matter!).

Three of my medications are on the list for $4 generic drugs which will make a huge difference in my life! :)

Here's the list (PDF reader required)

http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/genericdruglist.pdf

Fraidy

I thank god that someone came out with this program. With my medical conditions, Oklahoma won't let me get insurance because we make to much. So for me getting my diabeties checked and blood pressure in cheked, I just can afford the meds. So now that this is here. I can get my perscriptions easier.

Back
Top Bottom