Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions! (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Feelin' like a newbie... (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f6/feelin-like-a-newbie-29643.html)

Erik 12-02-2006 10:36 PM

Feelin' like a newbie...

Hey...after an internet sababtical, I'm back. I needed some time off, due to some changes in my life. I changed jobs, going from a chef/manager in a restaurant kitchen, to a chef position for a corporation feeding college students.

Bottom line is, I miss you all, and I will try to be back a little more often.

Happy Holidays to you all!!!

Andy M. 12-02-2006 10:43 PM

Same to you, Erik. It will be good to see you around again.

GB 12-03-2006 07:51 AM

Welcome back Erik!

thumpershere2 12-03-2006 09:39 AM

Good luck on your new job Erik.

In the Kitchen 12-03-2006 09:49 AM

Good to See You, Erik

Feeding college students? You think that will be challenge to please them? don't they always want burger and fries? Or pizza? I think you have good chance to let them experience good food. Or do you have to follow certain menu standards? Anyway, it truly does sound different. I wish you lots of luck and oh, good to see you back.

do you get off during Christmas and New Year? I imagine at restaurant that was never allowed.

mudbug 12-03-2006 03:43 PM

Hey, Erik, nice to see you back.

SizzlininIN 12-04-2006 12:05 AM

Welcome back Erik!

Erik 12-04-2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Feeding college students? You think that will be challenge to please them? don't they always want burger and fries? Or pizza? I think you have good chance to let them experience good food. Or do you have to follow certain menu standards? Anyway, it truly does sound different. I wish you lots of luck and oh, good to see you back.

do you get off during Christmas and New Year? I imagine at restaurant that was never allowed.

Actually they are pretty good healthy eaters...it's basically cafeteria style...but with great choices. We have a sautee stations that usually either has a stirfry or pasta entree, cooked to order, a "homestyle" buffet line with various choices of cooked entrees, and a pizza and sandwich station.

I get to put my own twists on the basic corporate recipes.

I do have to follow nutritional standard...and cater to many special diets.

I have a long break coming up for the holidays, but I have to fill in at a the corporations coffee shop (LIKE A STARBUCKS) to earn my pay while the student workers are gone.

kitchenelf 12-04-2006 09:58 PM

OMG - look who the cat drug in!!!!!! Welcome Back Erik!!!! Wow - some big changes going on that's for sure. My son lives on sushi at school - go figure.

ITK - you'd be surprised how many college students love good, healthy food. It's those 1:00 a.m. pizzas that "get them". :lol:

corazon 12-06-2006 10:37 PM

Welcome back Erik! We're glad to see you. Hope everything is going well!