Best Chocolate Brownies Ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Philso...no I don't think I got your PM...so try it again because I would like to hear your background in the Culinary Field....thanks and everybody have a good one and keep those brownies clean, if you know what I mean.

Robert

Last edited:
hey rob, i just noticed this:

"1) Grease a 6x9 inch baking dish ..."

i misread it and used a 9x9 pan, which is pretty usual. they were fine. do you use a 6x9??

Yeah I use a 6x9...it makes thick brownies...if you can get them to turn out the way you like them on 9x9 then thats great but I enjoy them thick...how thick did then end up being in the 9x9?

Last edited:
well, i didn't measure them, and they're long gone, but i thought they were fairly thick. maybe an inch and a quarter or a tad more?? i recently have been having a lot of christmas parties to give, so i made a triple batch and loaded them up with pecans. baked in 25x25 cm pan. made about 25 inch thick brownies per pan. came out fine.

I would really love to try these brownies, but I'm still trying to figure out how to convert your measurements to laymans terms! :blush: I'm obviously not a pro at this, but I'm working on it! Lately I do seem to be walking around with that "deer caught in the headlights" look! :shock: I have to blame it on my 15 yr. old, who looks like she's 18 and thinks she's 22! My husband is currently sharpening his knives and loading all his guns!

Last edited by a moderator:
by the way, just for the homecooks: rob's recipe is in ounces by weight, not measuring cup ounces. use 3 eggs.
how about the vanilla, about a tablespoon or so?
:chef:1/4 cup = 4 Tbsp. = 2 oz., so if you want 1/4 oz. you'll want 1/8 of that. I'm thinking clearly you want 1/2 Tbsp. (1 1/2 tsp.) of vanilla...make it pure. ;)

Made your brownies tonight Robert and they were absolutely delicious! I used Kahlua and 85% Lindt Dark Chocolate bars. I only had an 8x8 pan, which worked fine.

Thanks for sharing, will definitely make these again!

can i substitute the flour with whole wheat flour?

for health reasons, i can only bake with whole wheat flour. do you think i could substitute the flour with whole wheat flour? partially or the full amt?

Sure, try substituting it and see how it turns out. It will have roughly the same protein content as the AP flour. Maybe slightly higher. But it should still work. It will change the texture and flavor slightly...

Have a great day,

Back
Top Bottom