Coincidences or 'spooky-ish' moments in your life!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jikoni

Sous Chef
I remember when I was getting married, Our church was 'Our Lady Queen Of Peace' My mum-in-law and dad-in-law were married in a church in Ireland with the same name. We were in Kenya.Ok so that was fine, but when the choir sang my favorite hymn which I had selected specially for my wedding , my mum-in-law asked, me, 'How did they know that was my favorite song! I didn't know what to say, but did eventually tell her that its my favorite hymn not her's' We smile about it now!:) What's yours?

Last edited:
I wish I had something cool to add. I don't. My spookiest coincidences are my similarities to two ladies here on the boards. One tends to post nearly the same thing at the same time as me. LOL, which makes for a bit of redundant redundancy.

I can hardly wait to read the other spooky things folks post though. Thanks for a cool idea Jikoni.

FAR too many to list actualy, but the latest was last saturday.
Friday night I was thinking to myself I wish I had a small peice of Lead sheeting so I can make a small box to put my Isotopes in.
we had a bad storm that night, and right on my front door step (about 2 foot away) was a nice square of lead sheeting!
you could tell it was obviously blown off someones roof, but it was about 12 inch square and just Perfect size!
I`ve made the box and there`s no leftover bits of metal, and everything fits in it Perfectly :)

now THAT is a Coincidence and a half! :))

One of my spooky coincidences is SOMEONE here posts almost the same things I do at the same time - we have even said the same thing on MSN and hit ENTER at the same time. I cannot divulge her name though!!!! ^ :-p

When I was biking a lot (as in bicycle) I would always bike by this house - I was drawn to that house - the garden was wild, free, and yet well-maintained - you could tell someone LOVED their flowers.

The first time my now husband took me to his parents house guess where we went? THAT was eerie!!!!!

As I was driving home after my sister's funeral (12 hours away) I pulled into a rest area to nap for about 20 minutes. When I pulled back out onto the highway I got behind a truck with the initials P.A.M. - well, that was my sister's name.

My husband and I were talking last night - I was telling him about a conversation I had with someone, I just couldn't remember who, and told him what it was about. He said - ummmm, I had that conversation with so and so today but I haven't talked to you about it yet - that's one of the things I wanted to talk to you about.

My mother went to high school in Beaverhead Montana, a tiny little town. I went to high school many years later in Auburn, Washington - a small town south of Seattle.

I used to rant to my mother about my American History teacher. She'd give a test and talk through it. She would frequently demonstrate her double jointedness at assemblies. My mother would always say no one could be as bad as her American History/Business teacher had been. This was a frequent topic of converstation around the dinner table.

One day I brought home a letter from my teacher nominating me to take part in a "Great Books" class. She had signed it formally using her maiden name and her married name. Mom sent my brother downstairs to get her high school yearbook out of the storage room - Mom opened it up and there was "our" American History teacher! My brother went to school and shared the story for show and tell - his teacher commented that her mother had told her all about it. I told my boyfriend - he asked what her husband did - all I knew was he taught math at another nearby high school (where my boy friend took algebra from him).

Hmmmmmmmm, just strange enough.

Hubster and I were getting organised to go to a Tina Turner concert in a city an hour away. We were both seated in the lounge, talking, when I heard the electric jug boiling. I thought hubby had turned it on and he thought I had.
Nothing was said. Five minutes later the same thing happened. Jug boiled, clicked off and we both looked at each other in amazement and went to check what fairy/leprechaun was going to serve us tea!
No one was there of course, we lived in the country then and the dogs would have alerted us to any visitors.
The electric jug was the type that requires a physical push on a button to turn it on. A firm push.

Half an hour later, just as we were about to leave the house the phone rang. It was a Hospital calling to say my brother had been admitted in a pretty bad state. He was estranged from the family at the time and staff at the Hospital had been frantically trying to trace someone related.

I read an awful lot into the jug incident, and I know who was trying to tell me something!!:)

Oh! I do have one sort of weird thing that happens. Sometimes I will answer a question that Ken hasn't actually asked out loud yet. He does it to me more often though.

And we absolutely kick arse in Pictionary. He can draw about a 1/4 inch line and I will come up with something bizarre like "coffee table" and it will be right. Frustrates our opponents no end. LOL! Anyone up for a game? :cool:

mine's nothing big: a couple times I've looked over at my cellphone and picked it up just to look at it and suddenly I get a call. :ninja:

Obviously this is not a good read before bedtime for people like me. I get freaked easily. Got some more though! Not spooks, just conicidences. Better go to sleep and post tomorrow!:ohmy: I am easily spooked that's all.Did I start this thread?!

There are a lot of Coincidences or "Spooky-ish" Moments In My Life and let me see what I remember the most.

I had an electric outage in the Condo a few years back. My TV in the den started smoking so I pulled out the cord and I had only lights in my bathrooms and my computer still worked. I burned out my radio, cassette player and DVD player next to the TV in the den.

The electrician came out the next day and the whole thing started with a light in the hallway. It took him 2-1/2 hours to fix everything. I had to get a new TV and VCR in the den and that was a very expensive experience.

This happened all the time with my dad...
I'd be upstairs in my room when I here him
calling me. I'd go downstairs and say " Did you
call me dad ? ".

He'd then say " No but I was just getting ready to. "

Also things would happen like
Say I was just thinking about calling KitchenElf.
Just as I would get to the phone it would ring and
on the other end was KitchenElf.

I've been in/had an experience in a haunted house once, does that count? Also had an experience at a haunted church which (sadly) burned to the ground earlier this year.

The Memphians here will know the 1st United Methodist Church downtown.

Fraidy

Mr HB and I have always been about 25 miles from each other, since we were born. We even went to some of the same parties in HS but never noticed each other. We went to different schools, in different counties.

Alexandria Va
Monterey CA
Stuttgart Germany
Vietnam
State College PA
Annapolis MD - where we finally met and haven't parted since.

btw, this was over a period of 50 years.

Last edited:
my friend and i kick but at telepaths where you have a word or a picture that you have to describe with so many words and if you have the same answer you get a point. well we must read minds or something because it's creepy. I don't know if this is a coincidence but i'll just look at my dog and know if she's hungry or has to go outside or just wants to play. maybe it's just because i've known her for so long.

middie said:
This happened all the time with my dad...
I'd be upstairs in my room when I here him
calling me. I'd go downstairs and say " Did you
call me dad ? ".

He'd then say " No but I was just getting ready to. "

Also things would happen like
Say I was just thinking about calling KitchenElf.
Just as I would get to the phone it would ring and
on the other end was KitchenElf.

Don't think about calling me because I don't have your phone number!:ohmy:

I once returned from a visit to my family. I lived in DC, they in Florida, so it had been a day or two. I was just settling in when the phone rang. "Hi Claire, this is Marie!" Right away this struck me as odd, because that sister just isn't a phone talker. Oh, well. We talked for a few minutes, then she asked me how Bill was. Bill? Yeah, your husband, you know, Bill. Well I was unmarried and had just travelled to see the family with a boyfriend, John. I said this, and she and I had a large laugh and a few creepy crawleys up our spines. After all, neither name is uncommon among French-background families, but the timing of that wrong number was odd.

Another time, more recently, I mixed up the numbers on my parents' area code and called. I chatted with a woman for a minute or so before realising she wasn't my mother! She loved it! When we discovered the mistake, she said, "You sound so much like my daughter that I feel like I got a call from her. THANK YOU!!"

As a child growing up around the world, our family was separated from my parents' families most of the time. Every once in awhile, when we would get together, my mother and my aunt (this is my father's sister, not hers) would be rather freaked to discover that they'd bought me and my cousin identical things. We'd find ourselves having the same shoes, dresses, dolls. This was way, way before the world of universal stores (i.e., WalMart, where everyone one in every town looks exactly the same). Often they'd choose the same paterns and same fabrics and make us the same clothes. I wouldn't find it odd if Mom and Auntie were sisters, but not; sisters-in-law. Cousin and I have lived continents away, but have always had a bond. That was just coincidental. When we did live near each other (near meaning a day or two drive in the station wagon), then our mothers did dress us alike. There'd be me, my sisters, and my cousins, all dressed in hand-made clothing. I look at home movies and think we were adorable. But the oddity of my mother buying the same things for me when she was, say, in Germany, as my Aunt bought for my Cousin in California was strange.

I remember a few years ago, I met up with my friend in London for lunch(we were actually in the UK as a family on school holidays)Anyway, after lunch we were admiring some jewellery as she wanted to buy my daughter something as she is my daughter's godmother.Anyway, a lady walked up to us and started telling us her life story of how she had lost three husbands in the past to cancer, we listened on, then she turned to my friend and started telling her how much she is loved by people and how not to give up and how she will find the right man someday and not to settle just for any man because she was lonely. We both listened, and after reasuring her, the lady said goodbye and left.The interesting part of it all was, how did she know that my friend was single(we both were wearing gloves in the London winter) and that she was going out with some guy who actually had proposed to her and she wasn't sure and hadn't even told me as she was still digesting it all before she discussed it.Anyway, she turned down the proposal after that. If this was the movies, I would have said that she then met the man of her dreams and are living happily ever after. It's not, she is still single, but happy and says she would have made a huge mistake to get married to this guy.Who was the mysterious lady? We keep asking ourselves.

This happened more than 10 years ago yet still gives me the chills to this day:

Two weeks before my sister's wedding, her fiance was fatally shot in a stupid scruffle with a security guard of a building. Fast forward to a few days after the funeral -- my sister woke up sobbing violently. She had just remembered the strange dream her fiance had told her about. He had dreamt that he was waiting forever for my sister that he finally decided to take off his green shirt and changed into a suit.

The evening he was killed, he was waiting to pick up my sister at her office building. He was wearing his green shirt. He was buried in his wedding suit.

My heart feels so heavy and my tears are welling up just writing about this...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom