Ice Cream with Fudge bits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHAMALICIOUS

Senior Cook
The thread about fudge reminded me of my favourite cookie dough ice cream! Yum yum. The bits in the ice cream taste a bit like fudge, has anybody got a recipe for ice cream with fudge bits? Or cookies with fudge bits? Just plain vanilla fudge, not chocolate. :)

I'm sure you could just add your fudge to the ice cream as it's freezing. Just take your favorite ice cream recipe and your favorite fudge recipe and add them together. I think vanilla ice cream and a good chocolatety fudge would be great.

Shamalicious, I've got a brown sugar fudge recipe. I'll go hunt it up for you if you like.

If you could hunt it up that would be great thanks! :eek:) Ive never made fudge before, but the ice cream i had tasted brilliant, so its encouragin :eek:)

Its my Auntie's recipe and it is oh so good.

3 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 tbsp corn syrup
2 tbsp butter
1 cup whip cream or evaporated milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Let stand at least 1 hour, then heat very slowly boil until 236 degrees - about 20 min. cool in 1" of cold water. When cool on bottom of pot, beat until thick and less glossy. Pour into pan and enjoy.

Ooooh thank you! I have exams at the moment, but i am looking forward to trying the fudge out as soon as possible after them! I shall be sure to let you know how it turns out. I could also just let vanilla ice cream melt and cut the fudge up into bits, mix it into the melted ice cream and refreeze, would that work ok ? Hmmmm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom