Verizon Mathematicians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicholas Mosher

Sous Chef
I almost tore my hair out listening to this audio clip. A man was quoted $0.002 Cents/kb data transfer outside the US by Verizon, but was in fact charged $0.002 Dollars when he received his bill.

I was squirming in my chair as he tried to teach 6/7th grade mathematics to CS Reps and Managers!

YouTube - vcents

It's about 20min long, but the last 5min is the best. I have tears coming from my eyes after listening to this... :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Last edited:
As a Customer Service person myself, I can promise you that there are some "Training Issues" here. Verizon's customer service people will be attending some classes in basic math.
Thanks for sharing that.

Whats even worse, is that Verizon's literature quotes the transfer rate at $0.002 Cents/kb, but their computer system charges $0.002 Dollars/kb. So it's not just the low-level peons that can't do 7th grade math, it's everyone from the literature editor to the person entering rates into the billing software. Then of course don't forget the people who are ultimately responsible, the board of directors and CEO. They should be involved enough with the company to recognize major errors such as this.

Unless of course they too need to go back to school... :LOL:

Last edited:
I can just see all the managers in a huddle, talking about the goof on the phone :wacko:, can't believe that many people were clueless. He should have just said Iam sending in my $7+ for my fee ( cents ) ! Too funny :LOL:

Hmmm! Let's see. .002 cents.

.0 ones
.00 tens
.000 hundreds

All we have to do is multiply .002 by .01 (cents) x used call time. Nope. Not $71. by my calculation.

The tape was maddening.:wacko: I used to tutor math and I'm constantly amazed at how so many folks can't do very simple math. Ugh!!!

Back
Top Bottom