George Foreman grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Okay, I want to get the new grill, but, want to know everyones opinons today, what they like and don't like about them. I have searched on here, but, they are all mostly old post and I want an update on you guys that have them. Do you still love it?

Grill

I've just seen the commercials for it, and someday I plan on getting one. I've gone trough 2 so far, that get very frequent use. The second is on its last leg, with parts starting to wear and stuff. This new grill I love the concept of as the plates can be washed in the dishwasher. Cleaning was (and is) my only gripe about the original GF Grill products.

I'm going to get one, for sure!

when I left home at the age of 17, I had nothing but a sleeping bag a few tools and CB radio, about 6 months later I bought a second hand grill almost exactly the same as the one mentioned in here, it was a late 70`s early 80`s thing.
I used it almost everyday and my little gas camping stove took a back seat, this little thing lasted me a good 2.5 years before dying a death, I was genuinely upset to see it go!
so yes, I rate them (or at least that one I had) Very highly!
all that was a good 20+ years ago now, so maybe they`re still as good?

If the Quisinart had the changeable plates, I would get that one, but, I like the different plates on the Foreman Grill.

texasgirl said:
If the Quisinart had the changeable plates, I would get that one, but, I like the different plates on the Foreman Grill.

Look again. It does have interchangeable plates.

"With four separate cooking options, it can handle everything from pancakes to sausages to grilled cheese to steaks, hamburgers and panini. It helps you prepare more servings of more kinds of food in less time, so you can cook for a crowd -- no one has to wait! Simply change the cooking plates and adjust the floating hinge to use the Griddler as a Contact Grill, a Panini Press, or your choice of an extra-large double Open Grill or Griddle.
Cooking plates and 2 dishwasher-safe drip cups help drain away grease for healthy cooking
Sturdy panini-style handle with floating hinge to adjust to thickness of food
Both sets of plates are nonstick, easy to remove, and dishwasher safe
Dishwasher-safe scraping tool for easy cleanup
Brushed stainless steel housing
Convenient cord storage keeps extra cord out of the way and makes storage easy
Recipe book with 40 recipes
Instructions
Cuisinart USA Limited 3-year warranty"

I have a George Foreman and absolutely love it! I would imagine there is little difference between the George and Cuisinart - the concept is great! I have cooked burgers, chicken breasts, pork chops, bacon, grilled cheese, veggies, potatos and paninis on mine and everything turns out great. I have the one with removable grates that are dishwasher safe. Cleanup is a breeze! I highly recommend it!

I have one that was given to me a long time ago. I don't use it but now I just might. Cooking for one is for the birds.

I have a GF grill. We love the stupid thing. We will probably get the new one with the interchangable plates with Christmas money.

I love my GF grill. It is great to use when the weather is too bad outside to grill on the patio. I would definitely get the model with the removable plates. It is not hard to clean, but mine would be much easier if I could take the plates off.

Grill

Andy M. said:
Look again. It does have interchangeable plates.

"With four separate cooking options, it can handle everything from pancakes to sausages to grilled cheese to steaks, hamburgers and panini. It helps you prepare more servings of more kinds of food in less time, so you can cook for a crowd -- no one has to wait! Simply change the cooking plates and adjust the floating hinge to use the Griddler as a Contact Grill, a Panini Press, or your choice of an extra-large double Open Grill or Griddle.
Cooking plates and 2 dishwasher-safe drip cups help drain away grease for healthy cooking
Sturdy panini-style handle with floating hinge to adjust to thickness of food
Both sets of plates are nonstick, easy to remove, and dishwasher safe
Dishwasher-safe scraping tool for easy cleanup
Brushed stainless steel housing
Convenient cord storage keeps extra cord out of the way and makes storage easy
Recipe book with 40 recipes
Instructions
Cuisinart USA Limited 3-year warranty"

With all these features I still can not determine if the lid will lay all the way back and give you two flat grill areas.

The one I have now will opens all the way and give you two areas for pan cakes, or you can close it for regular grilling.
The plates are reversable with a waffel iron grill on the reverse.
TIA,
Charlie

Hungry said:
With all these features I still can not determine if the lid will lay all the way back and give you two flat grill areas...

Good point. I also cannot determine that. I would guess it does not fold flat for a double cooking area. ...but I'm not certain.

I know this subject was raised a long time ago but I did a seach on Cuisinart Griddler here and found this.I asked for one for Christmas and my DH gave me one.I have to tell you it's GREAT!
So far I had pork chops, bone in chicken, boneless chicken breast, paninis, ham steak roasted vegetables;It is super!
I want to cook a steak on the week end.Would love to get advice from anyone here who has cooked a steak on the Griddler or a GF.Thanks.
:chef:

Thanks for the advise, sage. Mine has to wait now with everything that has been going on here. You should start a thread asking about the steak issue, though. Some may not reenter here if they have already been in. You will get more responses that way. I'm glad that you like your grill. Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm able to get one.

Back
Top Bottom