I killed a dog last night!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
DH was having problems and I took him to the ER. A big black dog ran out right in front of my car. I had no time to stop. I feel HORRIBLE!!!
I cried to no end last night and again when I had to pass it this morning. It was 10pm and pitch black. There are no street lights anywhere. I feel like such a bad person. Why can't people keep their dogs put up so this doesn't happen.
My car is messed up too. I don't know how much it will cost to fix it. At least it still runs.

Blimey gal! you Are having a spot of bad luck aren`t you!

however, when your down, there`s only One way to go! :)

Oh TG, I am sorry that happened to you. I know you feel bad, but this was not your fault - there was no way for you to see the dog and the owner should have had it leashed or in the house-unless he ran away, which again, is not your fault. I know you feel bad, I am sorry. How is DH?

He's okay. They said that his esophagus is spasming. He has to breath deep and stay calm when it happens.

I know it isn't my fault and all, but, I feel so bad for the poor thing. I keep thinking of some little boy or girl that just lost their pet. It makes me want to find the owners and strangle them!

So Sorry

It is breaking my heart to hear all the sadness that you are all having at this time of the year. Could it be that you are meant to try to forget about the meaning of Christmas and focus on your problems? That is what happens. Christmas is meant to be a sign that He came into the world to save us. Leaning on a Higher Power is not easy. He does bring you through it. May not be our way, only He knows what is best. This world is not fair. I don't think His life was fair either. He showed us how He trusted to the end.

texas, knowing how you love animals, could there have been any other way to make you feel bad? A dog running loose is one indication that the owners may not even care. As others have told me, we can always get another one. You probably feel worse than the owners. Good example of the dog owners next door. Your emotions are sure taking a huge drop. Today is new day. Expect it to be better. Don't lose your hope. Be STRONG!

I have run over two dogs, Texas, and was very upset both times. One, a big furry sheepdog, ran right out in front of my van when I was going about 50 on the highway...there was no way I could have missed him. The other was a sweet little female beagle that loved to chase cars. I was trying to be careful, but she got tangled up under my rear wheel. :(

Who was it that said that if dogs didn't go to heaven, he wanted to go where the dogs go?

{{{{HUGS}}}} Texasgirl, take all the hugs, prayers, & well wishes being sent to you, imagine you are wrapped up in them like a quilt, & feel our love for you!!

I`m not a Christian myself, but I still like this poem, anyway, it`s for you!

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”

The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.”

Mary Stevenson.

YT, that's a lovely poem!

[[[[[[[TG]]]]]]], I am sooooo sorry this had to happen amidst everything, now of all times!!:(
But trust that the poor doggie, who is now in a better place, will understand how you feel about all the canine friends in the world, that you would have done anything to avoid this from happening, if it was in any way possible. This time unfortunately, not possible, even for you. He will forgive you, so you should forgive yourself!
Now take good care of your hubby, and I continue to dish out my best wishes your way!

I am so sorry what happened to your yesterday. Animals tend to go outside walking or running without someone with them. It wasn't your fault and I am glad that the dog is doing okay.

I am also sorry about your car but it can be fixed.

Awww Texas I'm so sorry. I hit a squirrel and that tore me up.
I'm just like you when it comes to animals. I love them more than I
do most people. Just know the dog is looking down on you knowing
you didn't do it on purpose.

Hi texas,

I'm new to the forums and saw your post..I'm so sorry for the experience you went through..just last week Friday, my husband and I were just leaving a dinner party, and started heading down the road. One of the party attendees ran out right in front of our truck to go to her car on the other side of the road. it was pitch black, luckily the headlights spotlighted her..we braked hard, we were about 1 foot from her!!!..she was lucky and so were we.

TG - I am so sorry!!!!!

Question here in regards to your husband. Can they give him a small dosage (and I mean small dosage) of oxycoton or oxycodone (spellings for each may be wrong). I know they are addictive so no one jump on me about this. Or something else that will relax him thus relaxing his throat?

TG...you need a hug, a break ... and some good laughs. I hope they all come your way soon!!

I am so sorry to hear about all your worries, texasgirl! Of course I feel badly for your sick DH, but also for you, the caregiver - the other victim of a serious illness.

You sure as heck did not need that dog running out in front of your car on the way to the EMERGENCY ROOM, for heaven's sakes! As if you weren't feeling bad enough!

My thoughts and positive energies are with you. Take care of yourself, too!

Lee

Maybe the dog was very ill. :ermm: Maybe it was in pain before it ran in front of you? We dont know. But YOU didnt intentionally hit the dog. Try not to feel TOO bad.

Wow, I can certainly understand how horrible you must feel TG, but it's not your fault and also you were distressed at the time on your way to the ER with your husband.

Make sure to call animal control so they can pick up the dog and notify the owners, this way you can tell them it was an accident and that it ran out in front of you, which actually could have caused harm to you and your husband as well. But get the dog off the road, I'm sure no one would like to see that poor thing lying there.

May happier times be heading your way soon! You certainly deserve it, both of you :)

amber said:
Wow, I can certainly understand how horrible you must feel TG, but it's not your fault and also you were distressed at the time on your way to the ER with your husband.

Make sure to call animal control so they can pick up the dog and notify the owners, this way you can tell them it was an accident and that it ran out in front of you, which actually could have caused harm to you and your husband as well. But get the dog off the road, I'm sure no one would like to see that poor thing lying there.

May happier times be heading your way soon! You certainly deserve it, both of you :)

I agree 100%. I have a cat; she's strictly indoors only but she wears a collar with a tag identifying me as the owner and my phone number, just in case. She's also microchipped. You never know when a pet might escape. Hopefully this dog has a collar with a tag on it.

It's definitely not TG's fault this happened but I sure understand the added stress in her life and the anguish she feels about the dog.

Fraidy

kitchenelf said:
TG - I am so sorry!!!!!

Question here in regards to your husband. Can they give him a small dosage (and I mean small dosage) of oxycoton or oxycodone (spellings for each may be wrong). I know they are addictive so no one jump on me about this. Or something else that will relax him thus relaxing his throat?

Noone has offered anything of the kind to him. I don't know why, unless they want to wait and see what happens with the other tests. Not sure.

Thanks everyone. You know how much of a dog lover I am. It just broke my heart.

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time tg! Glad that your husband is doing better though.

I once hit an owl. Talk about bad omen. I was on the interstate, going about 80, it flew out from the side and hit my windsheild. I was horrified!

We're with you tg!

Back
Top Bottom