Braised chicken wings asian style..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpinmaryland

Sous Chef
Does anyone have a recipe for this? Theres an asian grocery in Rockville (wintergreen plaza??) that makes them and they are out of this world. They have been braised for so long that you just crunch into them, bony crunchy bits and all! Not the whole bone but the wing tip part you eat all of it...

I know sounds bad. The first time we tried them we tried to suck the skin off of the wingy part. ANd there was like nothing there, the skin was taut and nothing much to eat. And we're like: "this cant be the way this is eaten it's nothing." THen we figured it out, you crunch into the whole crunchy, wing tip, area. ANd the taste just oozes out.

Anyone know anything about this?

with all due respect have you made this recipe or did you just google it? Because look at it it calls for 15 or 20 min of stir frying and 5 min of braising.

THat's not going to do the job; these wings were cooked so long the wing tips would crumble. ANother recipe calls for 5 min. fry and 30 min braise.

Has anyone made these?

Yes, I have cooked it with a minor variation in the ingredients. In my experience, chicken wings as well as other parts of the chicken cook pretty fast. However, if you want them to be much softer, just cook them longer.

yes but do you braise them longer or do you stir fry them longer? the flavor of these was deep and it seemed like they must have been stewing for horus.

For as long as the chicken wings have browned on all sides, no additional stir frying is necessary. During braising, it is a fairly straightforward matter to continue the process until the chicken wings are as tender/soft as you would like them to be. Of course, if you cook longer, you may have to add more liquid to the wok to avoid drying and burning. Do not be afraid to experiment. Making mistakes is a great way to get experience.

CORRECTION, CORRECTION, CORRECTION....

They are not chicken wings, they are chicken FINGERS (or the claws I guess).

That is what they were they were little slivers of claw that had been braised for a longwhile I guess. I dont have time to google it right now as I am late. Sorry for the mixup. They were incredible although apparently inedible at first. Any thoughts? thx..

I think they are duck feet, as my wife has explained it to me. Chicken feet are just claws or whatever, duck feet are a little more substantial I think. I am going to morph this thread and make it into a new one for Duck Feet. Thanks for all the help, Boufa etc. sorry for messing this up....stay tuned...

Back
Top Bottom