Hello from a Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

Sue-Zee-Q

Hello one and all! Season's Greetings to you all. I am a displaced Canadian living in England and have a husband and two daughters. My husband is FANTASTIC in the kitchen with cooking, and my preference is baking. My interest lies in different diet types, such as eat right 4 your type, vegetarianism, candida, gluten free and substitutions along those lines. My favourite type of food obviously is vegetarian, but in that strain, I enjoy Indian food, as well as West Indian (bring on the spices). I also enjoy researching different sensitivities and learning how to cook for people with special dietary needs. I guess that comes from being a vegetarian:LOL: .

I have information readily available on candida diets, avoiding sugars (refined and natural), and have some basic subsitutions for converting your recipes into 'gluten' free. I also have information available on substituting ingredients in your recipes when you have run out of things, example: cream of tartar, you can use 3 tsps of lemon juice OR 3 tsps of vinegar for each tsp of cream of tartar

I am interested in learning how to convert my current baking recipes into lower fat versions without affecting consistancy. I did an experiment yesterday with sugar cookies and put half the butter in that was called for, and really it seemed to be fine. I will probably start experimenting with my other recipes along that same vein.

Happy Holidays and Happy Cooking/Baking!

Welcome to DC! You will find everything you need to know on this forum. And if you can't, just ask...there is bound to be someone who can help! Happy Holidays!!:santa:

Thank you goboeno and Mrs. Cuillo for your warm welcomes.

Hello and welcome to DC. I know you will be very happy with our wonderful and funny members and also who are great chefs.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thank you again for such a warm welcome to the forum.

Hi and welcome to DC! You will find this site beneficial and the members helpful and friendly with a great sense of humor!!

Back
Top Bottom