Christmas dinner for two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
It's just going to be DH, myself and our cockatoo, Spike for Christmas dinner. Does anyone have suggestions for a menu?

yes, Pluck Spike well before roasting :)

Just kidding :P

how about a small stuffed turkey crown, you can buy them ready done for you and they really are Very Nice! and carve well and are just as nice next day cut cold for sandwiches :)

Last edited:
Cook whatever the two of you would like!! That is what my hubby and I are doing; it doesn't have the be the traditional dinner unless that is what both of you want. Make it an occasion to enjoy a quiet time together. I wouldn't let Spike pick the meal though, LOL!!! :rolleyes:

You could do a small tenderloin or standing rib roast.

You could do lobsters or steaks or both.

Cornish game hens are good, maybe seafood? Lobster or crab would be very festive and not too $$ for 2 people.

JGDean said:
What is a turkey crown?
it`s the turkey breast taken off like a buterfly shape, then in the middle is a stuffing, it`s then formed into a more even patern , coated in herbs, then shrink wrapped. you don`t even have to roast it, you can just boil it in the bag.

That sounds really good and easy. I don't remember seeing it here in Northwest Florida. I guess I could put one together myself. I'm leaning more towards Scallops and a couple of veggies. If Spike were to choose it would be mac-n-cheese, scrambled eggs and chicken wings with pecans and cheese cubes with grapes for dessert ; - )

YT, I find that terrible, terrible that you beat me to it that is, LOL.

We too are just a deuce this Christmas, old fogey married folks, and decided on the KISS approach this year. So we just picked up two lobsters and some crabmeat to stuff them with.

Love the ideas given by other posters.

Just another idea. How about a tapas/mezze/antipasto approach. A lot of appetizers or small dishes. You can cook as little or as much as you want and you are limited only by your imagination.

Buy some shrimp and make it with a garlic sauce, or cut up some nice sausage into chunks and add a tomato sauce, make (buy) a cold noodle dish, or............

Have a dish with some olives (many kinds available), cheeses, meats, artichoke hearts, pimentos, gosh I could go on and on.

Walk about the supermarket and look at everything, fresh, canned, you name it. Buy what you like.

We did this the Christmas after my fil died, just us and my mil, sil, and bil. We meant it as an appetizer. It went over so well we did not cook the steaks.

Whatever you decide am wishing you and all of the DC family, including Spike, a Merry Christmas.

JGDean said:
That sounds really good and easy. I don't remember seeing it here in Northwest Florida. I guess I could put one together myself. I'm leaning more towards Scallops and a couple of veggies. If Spike were to choose it would be mac-n-cheese, scrambled eggs and chicken wings with pecans and cheese cubes with grapes for dessert ; - )
Spike's has good taste ! Love sauteed scallops, crusty bread, salad - enough for me !! Merry Christmas to you both !

Wow - kindred spirit here! It's just my husband & I AND our cockatoo too!!! (Although we also have dogs, cats, fish, & horses. . . ).

But even tho it's just the two of us, we always have a traditional Roast Goose (a whopping 15-3/4 pounder this year) with Port Wine gravy, buttered brussels sprouts, buttered carrots, Czech bread dumplings with sauerkraut, & good old Pillsbury crescent rolls.

Even tho it sounds like a lot, we have Xmas dinner, an "encore" of Xmas dinner later in the week, I snack on the goose wings & legs for lunches, & whatever's left goes into our traditional New Year's Day French Cassoulet (which also makes a good number of meals for us). So we get a lot of mileage out of that goose - lol!!

It's the two of us this year as well and we picked up a small ham. Doing it the traditional, way just smaller.;) I agree though...you should buy what you two want and go from there. Appetizers can be pretty filling so that is a great idea as well. Good luck and Merry Christmas to everyone!!!:santa:

Mr HB and I have decided on our favorite. Toasted English muffins, top with a MR filet, covered with bernaise sauce. Lobster and mashed potatos on the side a big salad (a la Elaine) and Mark Bittman's bread.

A friend of ours sent a wonderful dessert.

Oh, how I miss my kids. We won't be alone next year! :)

We love turkey so much that it's made several times a year.

So we just choose not to eat it on any holiday besides Thanksgiving.

Turkey is great, we just decided to do seafood this year.

But I am clearly the dumb one here cause I don't know what an 'MR filet' is.

It is now 17 minutes to Christmas, and I gotta get some sleep.

Merry Christmas to all and the best of the season.

Just hubster and I at lunch today and we had lobster, oysters (well I did !!) and far too much fudge for our own good but worse is to come.:rolleyes:
We have friends for dinner and are having Jeans Duck and Risotto amongst other things. Have a Summer Pudding for dessert, the berries at market yesterday looked so colourful, not faded like I thought they would be given our lack of sunshine so far this season. Also, I dipped fresh raspberries in white chocolate a few minutes ago...gorgeous!! Thanks Jo S!!

I have consumed a bottle of Moet over the last couple of hours so need to compose myself and go get dolled up for company.;)
Have a great dinner everyone!!

xxx Lyn

amber said:
I am probably the dumb one here, but I'm making a big turkey dinner for two:)

My DH wanted ham so bad I almost made it for dinner this week. If we did, we would have had turkey as well.:chef: I personally love turkey dinner so that sounds great to me. Merry Christmas and good luck to everyone who is cooking today. :santa:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom