Grasshopper Pie, as requested by corazon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Okay, corazon. Your wish is my command. Here's the recipe.

GRASSHOPPER PIE​
(Serves 10)​
1 (6-oz.) chocolate crumb crust
24 large marshmallows (6 oz.)
1/3 cup whole milk, not skim or low-fat
1/3 cup heavy cream
1½ oz. green crème de menthe
1½ oz. white crème de cacao
2 cups whipping cream
3 Tbsp. chocolate sprinkles or jimmies

In a double boiler, combine marshmallows, milk and heavy cream. Cook over medium heat until marshmallows are melted. Stir to blend and set aside to cool. When cooled, stir in crème de menthe and crème de cacao. Set aside.

In a large bowl, whip cream until very stiff. Fold in marshmallow mixture until all ingredients are smooth and fully incorporated.

Fill chocolate crust with pie mixture. Pie will be very full. Sprinkle chocolate jimmies over filling. Place pie in freezer at least 24 hours to freeze completely. Once pie is completely frozen, cover with plastic wrap. To serve, remove from freezer about 15 minutes before cutting. Cut into small slices. Return leftover pie to freezer.

Enjoy!

Where do you get your creme de menthe / cacao?

I tried briefly looking for it yesterday and was unable to find it.

Stinemates would just ask.

We live in VA that has state run liquor stores with very limited selections and we can easily find both.

Lived in CA and there one could find almost anything easily.

Both are pretty standard liquors.

Happy new year.

This has summer written all over it....or St. Patrick's Day. Either way, it's a keeper and I thank you for printing it.:lucky:

VeraBlue said:
This has summer written all over it....or St. Patrick's Day. Either way, it's a keeper and I thank you for printing it.:lucky:

Or New Year's Eve! AND St. Patty's Day! YUM, this looks wonderful!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom