ISO Basic whole wheat recipe for bread machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntbsnthlrchn

Washing Up
Has anybody got a no-frills whole wheat bread recipe?

I just got a new breadmaker/machine, but it only does 2, 2.5 and 3 lb loafs.... It's the black and decker deluxe breadmaker.

I checked the manual, but there is no basic whole wheat recipe. I googled for a whole wheat recipe, but they all seem to be for 1-1.5 lb loaf.

Bread machines have been making my breads for the past ten years. I had no intention of ever getting such a machine, until the MIL got me one. I had mastered a ww loaf in my Toastmaster, but not in my current Zojirushi machine. So I have recently changed tactics and now have the machine do the kneading, 2 whole kneading cycles, and do the three risings and baking the normal way. This recipe makes a 2 pound loaf.

1 7/8 cups water
5 cups whole wheat bread flour
3 T. sugar
2 T. dried milk
2 t. salt
4 T. vital wheat gluten
2 T. butter (I use oil)
2 t. yeast.

bethzaring said:
Bread machines have been making my breads for the past ten years. I had no intention of ever getting such a machine, until the MIL got me one. I had mastered a ww loaf in my Toastmaster, but not in my current Zojirushi machine. So I have recently changed tactics and now have the machine do the kneading, 2 whole kneading cycles, and do the three risings and baking the normal way. This recipe makes a 2 pound loaf.

1 7/8 cups water
5 cups whole wheat bread flour
3 T. sugar
2 T. dried milk
2 t. salt
4 T. vital wheat gluten
2 T. butter (I use oil)
2 t. yeast.

Do you loke your Zojirushi machine Beth,
I got mine last September; it took me a little while to get used to it,but now i am amazed at the great breads that I can make. I had a B&D for years.
I also prefer to bake them in the oven; diifferent texture and crust.
Happy baking!

What I like is having a bread machine. I have arthritis in my hands and have happily relegated certain tasks to machines, namely my bread machine and my sewing machine. I have given up trying the make the whole loaf of bread in my Zojirushi machine, I can do so much better taking the dough out of the machine after the kneading is completed. I make bread 2 to 3 times a week and just could not tolerate yet one more door stop. So I am not entirely happy with my current machine because I can not just dump in the ingredients and come back 4 hours later to a finished, nicely risen loaf of bread. But I can produce a beautiful loaf of whole wheat bread, with the assistance of the machine for the kneading and my attention for the risings and baking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom