Dinner Thursday 1/4/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YT2095

Executive Chef
wow, over the Half week mark already in this year!

Tonight will be roast Lamb shoulder, carved and served with rice and peas and a nice gravy over the top :)

After a week of meat dishes, it will macaroni baked with tuna, olives, cheese etc along with a salad.

We're finishing up the braised beef from Monday this evening along with baked potatoes and steamed carrots baby carrots tossed with a little maple syrup.

We're having a Mexican Marinated London Broil, Wasabi Mashed Potatoes, and Brocolli. I don't really want to grill. How should I do the London Broil?

Well DH is getting his rice,meat stuffed bell peppers..Using red bells, meat is ground beef and pork,onions, a touch of ketchup,garlic,salt,pepper,worcestershire,minute rice,1 egg,and since we like it like this some diced cherry tomatoes, have it all mixed and am now thawing out my hands:LOL: will have some type of salad, some homemade bread and a nice bowl of french onion soup first..Have two baked apples left so that will do for dessert..
kadesma:)

I have a jar of roasted piquillo peppers that I want to open - I am thinking about pureeing them with fresh basil, olive oil, and maybe some balsamic vinegar to make a sauce for pasta.

I have a request for chicken cacciatore tonight so thats what we are having. Also some penne and a nice salad. And WINE for me!

We may have the soup I made yesterday. As I was cleaning the fridge I used some of the leftovers to make soup. It tasted great, but we were having something else last night. I have a doctor's appointment at 3:20 today so I probably won't get home in time to make something else. I made a wonderful loaf of bread yesterday - the breadmaker still works!

pdswife said:
venison steaks and fried potatoes

how are you cooking the steaks? my hubby got a deer about
two weeks ago and we have plenty of steaks, i have never
cooked them before.

Decided to make a chicken pot pie for dinner, and some fries on the side and some gravy on top. Yep, not a healthy dinner, but we eat healthy most of the time so what the heck ;)

SizzlininIN said:
Its a toss up between Chili & Sandwiches or Spagetti with Salad and Garlic Bread
Oooh how about Cincinatti chili over spaghetti?
boufa06 said:
After a week of meat dishes, it will macaroni baked with tuna, olives, cheese etc along with a salad.
sounds fabulous, yummy.
RedBedHead said:
We're having a Mexican Marinated London Broil, Wasabi Mashed Potatoes, and Brocolli. I don't really want to grill. How should I do the London Broil?
Do you own a grill pan? I think on a really hot grill pan, just drop it down without drying the marinade off and do about 7 minutes the first side, flip it over, and do until med/rare to the touch by the 'touching nose' or 'between thumb and pointer finger area' touch method. {why do I know I'm going to hear about all of this?} Slice very thin after it's rested a few minutes. Just my idea, can't say for sure it'll work, but that's what I'd do.

Our dinner tonight is in the crock pot since I've been reading so much lately of crock pots verses slow cookers. Someone gave this basic recipe in another food forum yesterday. In there...5 large chicken thighs, one can of cream of mushroom soup, one can of tomato soup and a few pieces marinated onions that marinated in Italian salad dressing. It smells delish in this house. I'll serve it over noodles for the husband, along with the really cold peaches in the frig and hot sourdough that was lathed in butter and my house seasoning. I'll just have a piece of chicken with the rest of the veggies marinating in FF Italian salad dressing. Been munching on them today already, oh I am sooo bad.

In southern California, venison isn't common so it always amazes me to see how many folks in here prepare it. Must be good...

We ate all the smothered baked pork chops last night, but we still have Italian green beans, potatoes and that wonderful onion/mushroom sauce left, so I'm going to put some chunked links of smoked sausage in the dish and we'll give it another go.

Back
Top Bottom