Dinner Friday 1/5/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since Fridays are abstinence days for me, I would probably make plain Chinese rice porridge with some dishes to go with it.

We're doing the Mexican London Broil tonight. DH decided yesterday afternoon to start ripping our half bath apart so we had take out.

i have chicken legs marinating in a costco garlic lime marinade, and crimini muchrooms marinating in rikki's soy ginger marinade, so they'll go in the broiler, then in the oven when i get home. but they're not for dinner tonight. maybe lunch tomorrow.

this evening, we're taking our little guy to his gymnastics class, then we're going across the road to either tgi fridays or houlihan's.

yay, we've finally graduated to mediocre cookie cutter restaurants. at least he won't be heard over the din of 100 other families.

we started with glorified pizza places, now we're up to family style restaurants. only a few more years until we can go to nice places again.

dw won't let me use duct tape now, so i gotta wait.

Trying a new recipe tonight, pecan crusted fried chicken breasts over a salad made with mixed greens, goat cheese and drizzled with homemade honey dijon dressing.

I really want brownies too - I'll see how I feel about brownies when I get home from work.

Yippee its Friday and my back is finally feeling better. I'm in the mood for a margarita and some fajitas at our favorite mexican resturant.

buckytom said:
yay, we've finally graduated to mediocre cookie cutter restaurants. at least he won't be heard over the din of 100 other families.

we started with glorified pizza places, now we're up to family style restaurants. only a few more years until we can go to nice places again.

Ah, so there is hope for us yet, eh, Bucky?!? It's sad when going to a place like Houlihan's sounds "fancy" but we're right there with you!:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

It's clean out the fridge night here. Ugh. I'd love to not deal with cooking--even reheating--tonight. It's rainy and dreary here and I'm just in the mood for getting out and having something a little different....

buckytom said:
dw won't let me use duct tape now, so i gotta wait.

Try velcro. LOL.

We're going to have the cacciatore I didn't have time to make last night. We ended up with leftover pork roast and pasta last night. Edible, but not a flavour favorite. Tonight will be better.

BT, is this the first time you have used the Costco garlic lime marinade? I've been thinking of trying it but haven't yet. I'm going to Costco today to pick up photos. Is it worth buying?

first time i'm using it alix. it was packaged with a large bottle of mango chipotle marinade. i forget the exact brand name.

i'll post results tomorrow.

I have a couple of options: broccoli cheese soup with sourdough bread and a side salad, or beef stroganoff, or pepper steak. I have the ingredients to make all. So, it will be depend on what I feel like having at the end of the day. The broccoli cheese soup is store bought, but it is really good.

Well.....the only thing I'm really looking forward to (besides Lou finally getting here) is a Paddy Cocktail. Two to one Irish whiskey and sweet vermouth, dash of angoustora and a cherry.

After a couple of those, more than likely a couple of pizzas will be ordered. I like pizza with fried eggplant slices and pepperoni.

We will be having BBQ beef sandwiches. I took a beef roast and sliced it thin and put it in the crock pot along with a homemade BBQ sauce. To go with that we will have oven fries.:rolleyes:

We're having salmon patties, at my husbands request, believe it or not. I'm not sure what I'm going to fix with them yet. I think I'll look through the pantry and try to get some inspiration. :huh:

DH and I are having baby back ribs, with this sauce that I mixed up that actually turned out to be good on them. I took Hoisin sauce, garlic, chili pepper sauce, and a little oyster sauce. I mixed that up and when the ribs are ready I paint the sauce on them and just continue to do that until I have the glaze I want on them. Doing a side of potato salad and some veggies. May have brownies for dessert.

Roasted pork loin with fennel and winter squash. I'm really looking forward to dessert though - a slice of lemon tart from Bouchon, some fresh pastries from a bakery, and some artisan chocolates!

Back
Top Bottom