My Cats are Doing it Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
They are laying together..... hugging. They are embraced in total bliss, just snuggling. :turned: Its amazing to me. These guys that fight and play.... sometimes just act like brothers (they arent). THey just embrace each other.... close their eyes.... and sleep.
It amazes me every time how cats act towards each other when they get along. They clean the other guy (licking them on the forehead or whatever) and purr. I just wish I had a camera. I keep looking at them while I type this. Its actually relaxing ME. :huh: Cute little guys. :blush:

Sounds like purrrrr fection to me ;) Cats are lovely creatures. I am allergic to them, but I can see how they would bring some sort of calm to the house ;)

I caught my cat jumping on the bed this morning. He was jumping off the dresser onto the bed, running back to the dresser and jumping again. That was so funny.
Sometimes he jumps in a white plastic grocery bag and runs through the house scaring the dogs. Fortunately, we have all seen him do this. Not just me. Otherwise, I would not have told this story.
He also like to put his paws in my slippers and push them like pedals (right/left/right) and run through the house. Probably how he navigates his bag too!
Our other little kitty likes to put the scoop in the litter box when she thinks it needs cleaning.
A cat's day is so much different from a dogs. lol

k, here's a cat question for you guys. Lily lily Queen of cats is 13 or 14 years old. She's always been an outside kitty but as she's getting older we've decided to bring her in most of the time.... We've had great luck in getting her to pee in the litter box. BUT, after she does that she runs upstairs and poops in the corner and then runs around the house like a crazy mean dog is chasing her. She'll run in circles for 4 or 5 minutes. It's very weird.... How do we get her to use the box for all her potty needs??

Also... now that she's been IN more than OUT she waits to do it all inside... She'll be out for hours and then she comes right in and heads to the box. Weird.

Try putting another box in the corner where she has been going. It might help. If she starts using it, maybe later you could get her back down to one box. I have learned one thing about cats--You never can tell what they are going to do!

:) Barbara

PDS.... you have just made your cat VERY sad. :neutral: I dont know why the change.... but it dosent matter. The pooping is a sign of being very unhappy.
Either you continue letting her out OR..... you must be hard core on her.
What I mean is.... you must keep her locked up for 2 weeks within the "cat box" room. Provide food, water (duh) and keep her in the same room as those things with the litter box.
She will eventually get the idea, and go in the box.
But I suggest you let her be the outdoor cat she was. If you cant.... then I see no other way. Its though..... but it is neccessary for her transition. :neutral:

-DEADLY SUSHI- Might I remind you that the cat is 13-14 years old. They brought the cat in to be kind. She's too old for bootcamp. The extra box was a good idea; she wants a little privacy. It's going to take some time and patience.

pds, I almost forgot. When Lily Lily Queen of Cats (I have always loved her name!) does poop on the floor, put some of it in her box. That will show her that she should go in the box. That works with some cats. You still might want to put a second box where she has been going, at least for awhile.

:) Barbara

Sushi, your story really made me smile.:) Once I took care of a kitten while his owner was away on her holiday and I had my Hobbes with me. Hobbes was so sweet with the little guy, did exactly the same thing, hugging, licking his little head etc... I love cats, too!!:-p

Trish, about Lily's toilet training, you already got good advices, yeah, it will take some patience but she will get the message sooner or later. It is just a little more difficult for her to adjust to a different life style, after living outdoors for so long. As Sushi pointed out though, she may be a bit sad about being cooped up indoors, how about a little daily play time out side while you watch her?

I agree with Sushi and Barbara. Lily is sad but a second box is the ticket. Many of my cats like to use one box for pee and another for poop. Even the 2 outside cats will do this in different areas.

At least she isn't urinating in your bed. Every time Mei Yu gets upset about something, she marks the top of my bed, right between mine and my husband's pillows...stinks something awful. (Thankfully, it's a waterbed, so the odor hasn't soaked into the mattress.)
And it doesn't take her much to get upset...she's quite particular and very jealous of the male cat.
She's always done it, so it's not an age thing...besides, Mei Yu's only 8 years old...young for a Siamese. I have punished her by rubbing her nose in it and spanking her with a newspaper, but it hasn't stopped her.
We've even talked about getting rid of her, but then she'll be good for several months, and she's so sweet and loving, not to mention beautiful, that we let it go.
If any of you all know of a remedy, I'd sure love to hear it.

Constance said:
At least she isn't urinating in your bed. Every time Mei Yu gets upset about something, she marks the top of my bed, right between mine and my husband's pillows...stinks something awful. (Thankfully, it's a waterbed, so the odor hasn't soaked into the mattress.)
And it doesn't take her much to get upset...she's quite particular and very jealous of the male cat.
She's always done it, so it's not an age thing...besides, Mei Yu's only 8 years old...young for a Siamese. I have punished her by rubbing her nose in it and spanking her with a newspaper, but it hasn't stopped her.
We've even talked about getting rid of her, but then she'll be good for several months, and she's so sweet and loving, not to mention beautiful, that we let it go.
If any of you all know of a remedy, I'd sure love to hear it.
Constance, I am ROTFL at this because I have went through the same thing; more than a few times!! When they get mad at a person, watch out!!! In fact, the female outdoor kitty we have was an indoor kitty for many years until she got very angry with my hubby over something that we still have not figured out. Pooh would urinate on certain dog toys when she was mad at one particular dog and I even caught her doing it on his food. With my hubby, she was marking all of his shoes that he left in the living room. When that did not get her what she wanted (we have no idea what), she moved on to marking all of his tools and anything else that was his inside the house. She never did anything to my stuff. Needless to say, I had to make the decision to put her outside (almost 4 years ago); even though it meant that I was losing my only mouser. Now she is very happy and is still a very cuddley cat. Pooh even decided to let hubby cuddle her this past few months; maybe she has forgiven whatever he did to literally "p*ss" her off.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
They are laying together..... hugging. They are embraced in total bliss, just snuggling. :turned: Its amazing to me. These guys that fight and play.... sometimes just act like brothers (they arent). THey just embrace each other.... close their eyes.... and sleep.
It amazes me every time how cats act towards each other when they get along. They clean the other guy (licking them on the forehead or whatever) and purr. I just wish I had a camera. I keep looking at them while I type this. Its actually relaxing ME. :huh: Cute little guys. :blush:

Buck and I know what you mean, Sushi. We love our furry children. They are so entertaining and it seems obvious that they love each other. By and large, they all get along swell even though most of they are not related.

One of our kitties, Miss Rodeo, is a born mother even though she's never had a litter. She mothers everyone, giving them LOOOOOONG baths, snuggling. She's a real angel.

It's not unusual, during the colder months, for me to have my lap filled with them when I'm watching television in the evenings. Last night I had Miss Rodeo, Miss Augie, Chessie, Tigger, and Ashley (my avatar) on my lap. Tween (big, orange, fluffy and the size of a tank), Torie and C.J. had made themselves comfy somewhere else. Guess they figured there was no more room on mommie's lap.

They play with as much enthusiasm as they rest. Ashley and Tween go at it hammer-and-tongs regularly. It almost wears us out watching them.

Gotta love 'em. Sometimes hugging them is the drug that cures what ails us.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:

I know what you mean! Both of our beloved kitties went to kitty heaven in 2006, then this past November they sent us two beautiful kitty sisters to help heal our hearts. This sisters look like twins and are now 5 mos. old. They are so darn adorable, love to cuddle and hug each other (and us) and tubble across the floor in play. I love it!

my first thought was, "man, sush, they rent dvd's and vhs for that!"

but now i understand.

i couldn't live without a visit from one of our 4 cats when the night has finally quieted. they seem to take turns laying in my lap while i'm reading late at night, when everyone's asleep.
or in the bathroom. they have no shame...lol.

Great ideas! Thanks. I'll get another box monday when I'm out and about doing errands. And I will put some of her poop in the box she uses now. Maybe, she just doesn't know she can do both in there. THANK YOU!!!

I don't think she's sad... when we put her out she stands by the door and cries and cries until we let her back in. She loves the extra attention and all the extra food she gets now that she's inside more.

Oppppps. :mellow: My brain didnt see the part about how old the cat is. I humbly retract my advice. I goofed. :neutral: I blame the beer. They MADE me drink them. They all ganged up on me! :unsure:

lol... it's ok Sushi. I forgive and Lily forgives you. She's sleeping soundly on her favorite blanket as we speak.

buckytom said:
or in the bathroom. they have no shame...lol.

Funny Bucky, my Hobbes always wanted to keep me company while I was in the bathroom, too... I kept seeing his little paw stretching out from under the door, trying to crawl in...:LOL:

cat therapy

My three cats have just whipped the throw off the sofa and are fighting underneath it, they all wake up at the same time and decide that they will have to trash part of the house before breakfast - why is this? If I put breakfast out they ignore it until the trashing is over.

Back
Top Bottom