What are your Viewing Interests?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do YOU like to watch on TV?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sushi,
lately I haven't been even turning on the TV..But when I do watch it's usually cooking, we all love sports, give me baseball a hot dog and I'm in heaven:LOL: I do like The new James Wood series, or CSI Miami,I also will watch American Idol, mainly I enjoy watching young people go for the dream and on there it's usually a laugh a minute or you got so irate you toss things at the TV:LOL: Really relieves stress.. But if I'm given a choice I usually come and check in here instead of watching TV..
kadesma

Or tech/learning choice?

I typically stick with things on History, TLC, Discovery, PBS, and for movies, Sundance or the IFN.

I love Iconoclasts, The Henry Rollins show, and Adult Swim.

I don't own a TV or therefore have satellite/cable service. I can't stand mainstream programming or commericals. Some shows on FoodTV and the Discovery networks are ok, but I can't justify $75/mo for 1 or 2hrs a week. Only thing I really miss are my Red Sox vs. Yankees games... but I always go to a friends/relatives or sports bar to catch those 12 games or so each year.

I am a movie fanatic though. I like some of the more thoughtful pictures by companies like Think Films and Focus Features. I usually hit the cinema at least twice a month, and rent a DVD or two each week that I watch on my laptop at my desk while chowing lunch. I used to have a full fledged theater I built in my apartment that took up a whole room. Had a projector with 84" screen and a nice audio setup, but found that I only used it a few hours a week which I couldn't justify taking over 30%+ of my pad. So I sold it off last year and put together a really nice two-channel stereo setup. I was using my home theater for two channel stereo music almost 90% of the time, so it was a good move for me. Only takes up about 1/3 of the room too!

My way to veg out is surfing the net while listening to my stereo.

Last edited:
I am a HUGE old/classic movie fan (as are my parents & my husband), so 9 times out of 10 I'm watching the Turner Classic Movies channel (or one of our over-a-thousand DVD's - I kid you not!).

I also enjoy British television, especially British murder mysteries like "Midsomer Murders", "Wire In The Blood", & "Prime Suspect". And of course always enjoyed the Brit comedies "Monty Python", "Blackadder", "Benny Hill", etc.

As far as American tv goes, pretty much the only things I watch are "The Simpsons", "Seinfeld" reruns, "House", & "Monk" - & even then not all the time.

I used to really enjoy Food Network until it turned into the Rachel Ray/Emeril/Paula Deen channel. Now I only tune in for Alton Brown or if someone is making something that truly sounds interesting.

Again - the good old black-&-white classics always come 1st around here.

Last edited:
Pretty much everything on your poll with the exception of sports and celeb news, but I also like drama (ok I like the lifetime channel there I said it lol), and love alot of the shows on discovery and TLC (orange county choppers), oh and man vs wild which I think is on discovery.

I love comedies, but about the only thing I watch on tv now besides the the news is Korean Dramas.

I also love old movies and T.V. shows. And I never miss Boston Legal!! New episode this week I think. Can't wait!

That is what I though Sushi; don't worry, I think we've made a listing for it so far. I tend to watch those and a lot of British style shows like Breezy. Otherwise I have my music on or am watching the antics of all my animals.

I answered to all of them except comedy, contest (yuck), and reality (triple yuck).

I also like watching documentaries and stuff on the History Channel, and I also like watching the Discovery Channel. I used to watch The Learning Channel until they went to reality themed shows all day long.

I like adult-ish comedies best (2 1/2 Men, My Name Is Earl). Husband is a news hound, documentary type stuff (lots of PBS), and one category you forgot, MOVIES. HATE "reality" shows (come on, does anyone in YOUR life look like them?)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom