Beef stew for a crowd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beaulana2

Cook
I need help on finding a recipe for beef stew to feed at least 25 people. My turn to bring the main meal for the volunteer parents for a marching band competition :D Any tried and true recipes? thank you in advance

If you have your own tried-and-true recipe, how many people does it feed? Divide 25 by how many folks your recipe will feed. Now, take this number and multiply all the ingredients by that.

Of course, you're going to need a HUGE pot to cook that much soup in. In fact, your home stove may not even be big enough to handle that much soup. You may have to make it in batches, and store it.

I've worked in restaurants that make soups in 4-gallon batches. We used a trunion (tilt) skillet to make it. That piece of equipment is big enough to fit my 20-month twins sons, 6-week daughter, and maybe my 6-y.o. stepson into.

I used AllenMI advise and used my own recipe I have a huge roasters that I cooked it in. (The beef in batches). It was great the parents loved it on a cold windy rainy day. We also came in 2nd place that night :D

Back
Top Bottom