Hard Candy - The Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
Has anyone seen this movie? We rented it Saturday night. This was a great, but extremely disturbing movie. I am curious to hear what others thought of it.

Wow it looks like no one has seen this movie. Well if you in the mood for a very disturbing, but excellently done movie then I highly recommend Hard Candy. The acting and directing was amazing and the story, while seriously disturbing, was really very thought provoking.

On IMDB it is listed as a Darma/Thriller. There is a touch of horror in it, but not Nightmare on Elm St. type horror. Just really scary disturbing stuff.

Plot Outline: A mature 14-year old girl meets a charming 32-year old photographer on the Internet. Suspecting that he is a pedophile, she goes to his home in an attempt to expose him.

I don't know about you Nick, but there were moments where I was in physical pain from watching what was going on. My wife had sympathy pain as well.

Yeah, it was like the film "Fatal Attraction", but for pedophiles instead of unfaithful husbands... :LOL:

An equally provocative film is "The Woodsman" starring Kevin Bacon.

All of them make you squirm in your seat... but they stir thought and emotion, which is what any great drama aims to do. Much better than the majority of Hollywood blockbusters are able to achieve.

Back
Top Bottom