Prayers needed for a family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
A very dear friend of mines son just lost his girlfriend to Lung Cancer this morning.....she was only 21.....she held on till he made it to her side. So very sad. Please send a prayer up for Ali and all her loved ones. Thanks everyone~!

Oh my gosh 21 years old. How tragic. I'm so very sorry to hear about this. Sending my prayers right now.

Thanks guys! I'm still in shock. She and he went camping with us just this late summer and she was fine but within a few months she wasn't feeling well and they finally diagnosed it as Lung Cancer but by that time it had already spread to other areas.
Just another reminder that we don't know how long we have on this earth and we should make the most of it and let our loved ones know exactly how we feel because we never know when our time will come. Whats even more shocking in the number of Lung Cancer diagnoses and deaths that have been occuring here lately.......very scary!

Sizz,
she and all family and friends having prayers on the way..Such sas news, such a young soul.

kadesma

How tragic for someone so young and your poor son having to deal with her loss. I lost my mother when she was 30 years old and I was nine-----I was the oldest of 4 and my youngest brother was 2. Never have quite gotten over it----so all my heartfelt prayers for you all and her family.

Sizz - they have my prayers - how very, very sad.

Edited to say - you are right Sizz - we never know how long we have. Life is a fragile thing. I'm so sorry, again. I'm glad you got to spend that time with them this summer though!

Last edited:
expatgirl said:
How tragic for someone so young and your poor son having to deal with her loss. I lost my mother when she was 30 years old and I was nine-----I was the oldest of 4 and my youngest brother was 2. Never have quite gotten over it----so all my heartfelt prayers for you all and her family.

No it wasn't my son but my very dear friends son but close enough.

Thanks everyone! I'm so thankful that she was coherant when he arrived and they were able to talk prior. Just so very sad because in the end she knew and kept asking if she was dying but the family didn't know how to answer her. They gave her a medication to calm her and I guess she went peacefully in her sleep.

Having lost 3 of my loved ones all I can say is treasure your loved ones and always let them know what they mean to you while you have the chance because you never know when its your time or their time to leave this earth.

Thanks again everyone for your prayers for her and the family & friends.

Sizz - Prayers, hugs, and support coming your way - If I could wish one thing it would be that we find a cure for cancer - As you know I am going through this with my mom right now - Seems to me we all know someone who suffers with the big C - PM me if you need to talk - Irene

Thanks! Yes seems like Cancer is really on the increase in my opinion..... I just can't get over the number of Lung Cancer cases I've been hearing about since my own mother passing from this......very sad and terrifying.

Oh no Sizz, this is so tragic and shocking, for such a young person with full future ahead. My deepest sympathies to all who love her.
And thanks Sizz for the precious message. We should never hold back our feelings towards our loved ones. The song "If tomorrow never comes" is echoing around my head, and I will try to put it in action everyday.

((hugs))

Back
Top Bottom