Garnish ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsi88kid

Senior Cook
hey guys heres whats up. I have to make a molded salad for a competion I am going to be in at the end of the month but it is just such a boring salad to me i need some garnish for it and I really cant think of anything creative that will put me over the top. Any input would be appreciated. thanks!:)

small dice tomato, parsnip, cucumber, yellow and red pepper, red onion. I am waiting on a picture of it to arrive in my email I should have it up soon.

OK, I will have to find a picture - but a friend did this whole big garnish thing with a carrot being the trunk of the palm tree - a green pepper cut out (but left whole) to be the leaves, etc. I'll see if I can find anything like it on the internet to show you.

omg that is an amazing idea but there is only one problem I think the competion only allows me a quarter of each pepper. :( but I would still like to see that anyway and if you have any more ideas.

oh man that is awesome but i dont think it would work with my salad I need something sorta small you know. Like a peer of mine took the skin of the tomato and she mad flowers out of them but i dont want to copy her.

oh man im sorry im def denying every idea you have and i feel like a jerk but thanks for being patient with me.

Here's some stuff to look at just for ideas - I was looking for a lemon flower - but I can't find one (not like the tomato rose flower where you peel the outside - this one is cut out and the middle has a cherry in it.

hmm that could work if i can make it with something else because I only get the following ingredients.

1/2 cucumber
1/4 parsnip
1/4 Yellow pepper
1/4 red pepper
1 grape tomato
1/2 Red onion

Where do you plan to place your garnish? You could take several thin slices of your cuccumber unpeeled, cut almost all the way through, then twist on half one way the other the other way and make a cucumber curl..a few of these might help in garnishing your salad...If allowed on cherry or grape tomatoe will it be in or on your salad, a tiny tomato flower with cucmber curls as it's leaves might work.

kadesma

it will be to the side of the salad cuz its a small diced molded salad held up by cucumber slices. but I will look up the cucumber curl online and see if its something i can do.

I'm having trouble coming up with things - but I'm not done searching!

You could make a "basket" out of your yellow pepper and with a very sharp knife cut the grape tomatoes zig zag to make little flowers and fill the basket.

yea see I'm supposed to use the whole 1/4 of each pepper for small dice but i think i might cheat it a lil bit and save some of the pieces to use

Well now, that is a whole different story! So, you can't use anything else! I'd be tempted to make some cucumber fans for sure.

i finally got a picture of it

l_df0153c07f355245ddd85867bc3fc305.jpg

l_a2a0d630c15b714c9013fa1faf2f4d89.jpg

That just might work! thank you for all the help both of you hopefully I will do well in the competion. I will be having another thread started probly tommorow on a plated dessert that i want imput on. Again thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom