Dinner ideas for tonight, Jan 10th, Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Anyone know what dinner will be yet?
I was up early with my doll (DH) and got him off to work.
Got out the crocker, put in it 2 large 29oz cans of pureed tomatoes, a can of tomato soup, a can of cream of mushroom soup, all kinds of garlic and onion and typical Italian spices, a dab of balsamic vinegar and a portherhouse leftover steak from the freezer. It'll cook all day and tonight, it'll go on spaghetti noodles with salad and garlic bread.

What are you havin?

Yup, 1 kilo of diced chicken breast cooked in a Thai Green curry paste and coconut milk (this paste isn`t at all bad for off-the-shelf stuff either! get`s the YT seal of approval).

I am making a cilantro chicken recipe, its an Indian curry type of recipe. I've also got naan in the freezer to cook and serve with it - yum.

We're going out tonight with my parents. I think the kids said they wanted to go to Joe's (their favorite greasy spoon) so I'll have 2 hot dogs, a small order of chili cheese fries, & a hot fudge cake for dessert.

I took out some left over red sauce with beef that I put in the freezer
last week, and some italian sausage. The sauce I am going to mix
with some penne and cheese and bake it, the sausage I am going to saute
will lots of onions and top with alfredo sauce. My husband made egg bread
Monday so I will make that into garlic toast, the girls scout cookie order
arrived so that will be desert.

I have a brisket going since 7 this morning. I have potato salad in the frig and the beans are on the stove..... I will eat to much tonight but I don't care....

later

i think dw is making shake-n-bake pork chops tonight. i'm not sure tho. i may try to talk her into letting me make them pizzaola.

either way, i'm making a pot roast, with onions, carrots, garlic, and celery in the crock pot. i made a dry rub and coated the meat last night, wrapped tightly in plastic in the fridge. it'll be seared in butter and evoo, then into the crock pot with the veggies.
it'll be lunch or dinner tomorrow.

chicken (thighs - boneless/skinless) and andouille sausage stew here...with a few cold beers!!

Still thinking... something warm and comfy though. It snowed again last night.

Just made some chicken stew, its in the crockpot staying warm. So my family can have that or some perohe if they don't want that (and I can guarantee the kids will say ICK). I'm going to have whatever they are serving at work.

I was going to roast a chicken, but mom called and said she had some ham, cabbage and taters leftover. So I'm swinging by there on my way home;)
Hey Mugsy,
Where do you find your andoullie in Md? I have a tough time finding it at my local grocery stores.

I am going to make a ham steak with apricot chipotle glaze and succotash with green garbanzo beans, corn, bacon and shallots. And salad. I have red butter lettuce, endive and tons of citrus at home.

JohnL said:
Hey Mugsy,
Where do you find your andoullie in Md? I have a tough time finding it at my local grocery stores.

really?! i see it at every grocery store i go to...safeway, giant...even the local costco sells in in bulk!!

what part of md are u in?

crewsk said:
We're going out tonight with my parents. I think the kids said they wanted to go to Joe's (their favorite greasy spoon) so I'll have 2 hot dogs, a small order of chili cheese fries, & a hot fudge cake for dessert.

Yumm! I'd kill for a chili dog right now!

2 oz. Scotch...then..
Tonight will be broiled Tilapia...topped with the trinty, salt, pepper, and my own blend of Cajun spice mix....Sauteed yellow and zuchinni squash in a little Evoo...and maybe something else....

Ended up making chicken florentine. I didnt buy the bagged fresh spinach, and my store didnt have frozen chopped spinach which is what I normally use in place of the bagged version, so I bought frozen leaf spinach and it's horrible! On the side is stuffed potatoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom