Spaghetti Week Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StirBlue

Head Chef
My spaghetti week menus.
You eat spaghetti once and then you go to your leftover menus each day.
(1) Make stuffed green bells with leftover spaghetti.
(2) Stuff a pita pocket with leftover spaghetti, cheese, lettuce & tomatoes top with sour cream.
(3) Make some spaghetti soup, add enough water (6-8 cups) to thin the spaghett, add a tbsp of italian seasonings, add a can or two of mixed vegetables, simmer.
(4)Make some cabbage rolls, spaghetti is a great stuffing.
(5) Spaghetti Lasagna, add layer spaghetti, (mix cottage cheese with ranch dip & egg) for second layer, add another layer spaghett and then cottage cheese mix, top with spaghetti and add moz cheese and pepperoni slices, bake about 30 min (if you have some extra spaghetti sauce for the top that would be good),
(6) Spaghetti pot pie, mix some bisquick as for biscuits and pat into the bottom of a baking pan, sprinkle lightly with garlic powder and parm cheese, add spaghetti, and put some bisquick dough over the top, bake about 30 min until top is lightly browned. I bake at 375 depending on the temp outside, if cold I go to 400-425.
(7) You can use cold spaghetti in a 7 layer salad.

Needless to say, I don't know how to make a small pot of spaghetti. (the spaghetti and meat sauce are mixed together in all of this.)

or bolgonaise, malfalda, carbonara, florentine w/ ricotta, etcetera.

Last edited:
Or fried spaghetti.

Or my all time favorite, peanut butter noodles.

Mamma mia, it doesn't take a genius to make a spaghetti by small portions. You must agree that the freshly cooked pasta are so much more appetizing than a day old (let along a week old) left over pasta out of the fridge, and it is much easier than you think!! If at all possible, please cook your pasta as you need them, freshly each time!!

Firstly, don't ever use a pot too small for boiling your pasta. You need to boil roughly about 1 litre (1qt. +) of water for each 100g of pasta to be cooked. The important thing is, each strand or morsel of pasta should be given some space to "swim around" while being cooked, and not to stay still being stuck against each other. Wait until the water is fully boiling before you put the pasta in. Add a pinch of salt as it boils, then add the pasta, stir around so they won't remain stuck together.
Start doing the taste test about a minute before the indicated cooking time written on the package, bring the texture to your liking, ideally, al dente.
Drain and dress the pasta with your favourite sauce/condiments immediately while they are piping hot.

urmaniac13...Sona per te. I am with you. Tante grazi. Thank you.

Spaghetti omlette. Fritata. Whatever you want to call it. Add a couple of eggs to the pasta, just enough to bind it and toss in some parmesan cheese. Put in a nonstick skillet until just starting to brown on the bottom. Meanwhile heat your broiler. Then cook the top under the broiler. This works well with rice also.

Back
Top Bottom