Introducing myself.....Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommy4x

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone.

I came across this forum accidently........yeah for me!!!!!!

I live in Laval, Quebec (Canada). It's a large booming town about 15 minutes from Montreal (city).

I've been married for 11 years and have 4 children (2 boys & 2 girls....10, 9, 7 and 11 months).

I'm from a Greek background, married to an Italian. This house and cuisine is multi-ethnic.......English, Greek, Italian and French.

Thank God the kids love meat and seafood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have many interests and have always had a healthy active lifestyle.

Who needs a gym!!!!! Chasing after the kids, the pets (we have 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 birds and a Degoo) keep me in shape.!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome to the site! We are so glad you found us. Would a Greek and Italian background. I would love to eat dinner at your house :)

mommy4x said:
You're welcome anytime........as long as you can handle NOISE!!!!!!!!! With the kids and pets........it's NEVER dull or boring!!!!!!!!
Well mommiex4 meet another mommie x4, plus 6 grandkids:ROFLMAO: A big welcome to DC...I know what you mean about noise level..Try 2 grandkids (boys) and a year old baby girl who keeps pace by screaming in excitemnt as they march through the house banging pot lids as cymbals:wacko:

kadesma:)

Re: What's a degoo......asked by Mugsy

A Degoo or Degu looks like a cross between an oversize gerbil/squirrel.
They're known as South-American "squirrels".......super friendly, live up to 14 years, known to hold grudges (watch how you treat them) and are.........this is a good one..........DIABETIC. So, the same rules apply to them as to a human!!!!! We used to have 3 but the cat got one of them (had to change cages.....the cat knew how to open the door with his teeth!!!!!) and the other died?????????????? So, now we're down to one.

Hope that helps.

mommy4x said:
Hi Reanie.

As soon as I figure out how to attach photos on DC, I'll send of pics.
(give me a few hours).:angel:

Look foreward to it - I have been on here about 2 months and still takes me forever to post pics on this or any other site - Should I say - Not computer savy in the least - :ROFLMAO:

Hi, Mommy4x,

Welcome aboard!! I degoo isn't a sugar glider is it?? My daughter had 3 before she left for college-----nocturnal marsupials--babies born in pouches and look like small cute chipmunks??? She was lucky enough to find someone on the internet in Austin, TX to take them as we were leaving to live overseas and noone could take care of them and she couldn't have them at the dorm. Anyway, you and your babies are most welcomed. Looking to exchange recipes with you!!

Ok, Mommie4X, I'm going to have to pay you NOT to mention these critters to my daughter as she will want one of them--------we have hosted her sugar gliders, manic PRAIRIE DOG(that is a whole different post there), and a rabbit, gerbils, hamster, and guinea pig. Thanks for the clarification!! Hugs.

Yeiasou from Greece! Kalosorises to DC, an interesting place to exchange recipes as well as views on food and/or other matters. Looking forward to your active participation.

Back
Top Bottom