Empanada with sour cream and lime sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsi88kid

Senior Cook
l_2a3258f8c52dde04f4b7df788c2d55af.jpg

l_461c869e840e5753685d21648511b413.jpg

comments?

btw i know i messed up by covering the sauce with sum piece of cilantro.

yup i sure will but i will have to post it tommorow i dont have it with me at the moment. But thanks for showing such interest btw it really makes me feel like im making people happy and thats all i want from cooking. :clap:

It looks delicious! Could you please post the recipe? However, I don't get creme fraiche here. I'm guessing sour cream is the substitute?

yea sour cream would be a fine substitute. That is basically all that creme fraiche is. But I actually got lazy and did not go to school yesterday so I couldnt get the recipe and I will not be able to get it until tuesday when I go back however, I will post the recipe in this thread and send it through PM to the individuals who have requested it. Thanks again for the kind words!:LOL:

Posting here will be fine tsi - we'll ALL get it for sure! I love when pics are posted - it looks wonderful!

thanks alot I will post it here I just wanted to make sure the people who wanted it didnt forget to check the thread so I thought I'd send it through PM but either way is fine.

They look really good, tsi.
The only thing I notice is that they're "splitting" at the ends and some of the filling is coming out.
To avoid that, dampen the edges of the (uncooked) empanada with a little tiny bit of water or milk. Press down lightly with a fork - that should seal them completely.
Recipe, please!!

Guys I am soooooo sorry the recipes is taking so long but with all the stuff going on with my wisdom teeth and surgury I've been out of class a lot but ill get the recipe tommorow.

FINALLY i got the recipe here you go guys.

note: i'm sorry but i couldnt find the creme fraiche with lime recipe I believe it was 1 cup of creme fraiche to 1 small lime though you guys are experienced enough though to figure it out im sure.

Empanada's

dough

3 lbs flour
2 lbs cold cubed butter
1 lb ice water

Filling

2 oz - onions (minced)
2 oz - olive oil
1/4 - garlic (minced)
3/4 lb - Coarse ground meat
8 oz - Enchilada sauce
1/4 tsp - black pepper
1/2 tsp - salt
1/4 tsp - Chili Powder
2 tbsp - Parsely (chopped)
1/2 tsp - Cummin
Corriander to taste

Procedure

Mix flour and butter in food processor and pulse until incoperated. Add water without ice and mix until dough forms. Roll dough out into 1" circles and brush with egg wash.Sautee onions in olive oil and add meat and garlic until meat starts to brown. Add Enchilada sauce and cook until meat is brown and tender. Blend parsely and seasonings together.Remove meat mixture from heat and add blended seasonings. adjust taste accordingly. Put a small amount of filling in the middle of one of the circles of dough, fold, and crimp. egg wash the empanda and bake in oven at 350 degrees until lightly golden brown.

Last edited:
You know what?

They sound delicious!!

Down here they make empanadas with cornmeal flour - quite a difference.
No eggwash, either - not really necessary.

I <3 Empanadas.

A Restaurant in DC, called "Ceiba" does a very delicious duck confit empanada with a green thai curry dipping sauce.

Mmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom