Your Sunday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
What's your day looking like today? Lazy day? Busy day?

Our roads are an inch thick with ice, so instead of sending dh off to work on his motorcycle, he took the car. Stuck at home with the kiddos. So far so good in the crazy department. Callum is kinda sick and has been crankier than usual the last few days. We're gonna spend our day doing pretty much nothing except keep the kids entertained. We'll play "punk mom", read books, watch movies, play in our box tunnel, tickle, and I will do a lot of tea drinking. Then once they are in bed, a mere 10 hours away, I will fold laundry and relax. Sometimes the days drag but the years fly by.

Happy Sunday! ;)

Out to breakfast, then to Target to pick up containers, picture frames for Olivia's birthday pictures. When we get home I'm digging in and tossing out old junk from the pantry..We are re-doing it and what a job...:ohmy:
will spend the day doing mostly that plus fixing dinner and visiting here:-p
kadesma

Kind of a lazy day here. Mostly because the weather is conducive to going slow. Cold, grey and raining. Been raining since late Friday night. So far nearly 4 inches, with more on the way. The ground was already saturated, so there'll definitely be flooding in low areas.

Had a nice comfort food-type breakfast. I boned a bunch of chicken breasts earlier and had the cuttings from 10 pounds of leg quarters, so I've got a pot of chicken stock-to-be on the stove. The whole house smells wonderful in a comfort food kind of way.

Buck's doing his usual Sunday routine on the Internet on the laptop and I'll spend the rest of the afternoon visiting here and writing. With weather like this, what I really want to do is take a nap. Good nappie weather. That'll have to wait. Maybe tomorrow since an Arctic blast is supposed to stomp on us later tonight or tomorrow.

Lou and I just got back from seeing Pan's Labyrinth, directed by Guillermo Del Torro. Magnificent flick, indeed.

No work for either of us tomorrow, so he's staying tonight. It's rainy and damp here. I think he's got a football game on now.

Normally we start Sunday at church, but today was spent in bed moaning and groaning in pain and waiting for the Hydrocodone to kick in (James didn't feel well either), then watching a few episodes of "King of Queens" on DVD until about 2:00. Then lunch (burritos for me, peanut butter sandwiches for James). Now I am getting caught up here then will get started on my lesson plans for the week. No school tomorrow--Yay!

:) Barbara

I am having a great Sunday in Santa Barbara. Just finished doing some shopping with my friends and the sun in out but it a bit cool.

Well, my day is beginning to look brighter - the weather is bleak but I'm just beginning to feel alive after 48 hours in bed with a BAD flulike cold. I'm definately not 100% but I'm becoming interesting in moving around a bit!

:) Just got another pounding of snow here in Nortern New Mexico.Slept late, layed on couch and watched movies all afternoon.Will attempt a homemade pizza tonight and then hibernate for the night.

Went to church last night. Got to sleep in this morning, "7:00". Yeah!!!:rolleyes: Hey, for me that is good. Just sat around the rest of the day and got caught up on some reading.

Had to work today. Would not have gone too far if not for work. We woke up to a glaze of ice and tonight we are under a winter storm warning with freezing rain and then snow predicted. UGH! :ohmy:

Aidan was a good boy today. It's tough being stuck at home all day and he's generally super whiney when we are, not today though. I put Callum down for the night, while Aidan watched a movie on the couch. I decided that since Aidan behaved so well today, I'd let him stay up late and we'd do something fun, just us two. I came out to tell him and he had fallen asleep on the couch. :sleep: :LOL:

Yesterday was our "bunch for brunch" day. A group of us get together and have a potluck brunch. It was lovely. I think our new people are starting to get the concept! Oh, I really started the day by boiling a few gallons of water. A water main broke and we were told to boil our drinking water until tomorrow (Tuesday).

Back
Top Bottom