Quick peach cobbler, has anyone used buttermilk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stardustn

Assistant Cook
Quick peach cobbler, has anyone used buttermilk instead of milk? I went to make one for my son only to of course find nothing but buttermilk in the fridge. Has anyone ever made it with buttermilk?
Thanks

Uncle Bob said:
Do you mean in the dough/crust etc.???

Yes, its the quick cobbler that you just mix flour milk and sugar and pour on top of the butter and then pour in your peaches. The crust rises to the top and its really good.

I just don't know if it would work with buttermilk or if it would taste horrible or not.

Since I am not familar with that recipe/method I really can't say one way or the other...
I will say that many things..biscuits, pancakes, cornbread, are better IMO made with butter milk...so what have you got to lose...just a few ingredients! I don't think it will taste horrible....serve it warm...with vanilla ice cream and they will probably lick the bowls!!!:LOL:

Let us know how it turns out!!

Uncle Bob said:
Since I am not familar with that recipe/method I really can't say one way or the other...
I will say that many things..biscuits, pancakes, cornbread, are better IMO made with butter milk...so what have you got to lose...just a few ingredients! I don't think it will taste horrible....serve it warm...with vanilla ice cream and they will probably lick the bowls!!!:LOL:

Let us know how it turns out!!

Thanks, I guess I'll go ahead and try it. If my kids won't lick the bowl I'm sure my dogs would like to try!;)

I say use the buttermilk. You might discover you like it better this way- I think sometimes this is how we discover new ways to make the same things.:chef:

no problem. unless you don't like buttermilk in pancakes or biscuits either.

I'm still trying to get my head around opening the refrigerator and finding only buttermilk. I can not see that ever happening at my house.

My grandmother used to make it with buttermilk. If there was anything wrong with it nobody said a word .... in fact, everybody was too busy eating it to say anything!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom