Van Halen Makes the Hall of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
My most favorite band is to be inducted but it's bitter-sweet. You know you're getting old when their songs are being played on the local classic rock station. :LOL:

Rock on, Van Halen! :cool:

I think I went through 3 cassettes of Diver Down in the 11th grade....

I heard Sammy Hagar on a radio interview on Friday. News to me was that Michael Anthony won't be performing with the group, as he'll be replaced by Wolfgang (Eddie's son).

VH is just one of those bands, that, no matter the members, they rock.

AWSOME!! I enjoyed the David Lee Roth version AND the Sammy Version. I like Davids voice much better, but the music in the Sammy version seems bettter written. Go and figure huh. :punk:

i too wore out several cassettes of "diver down". i tried to wear out my cd of "for unlawful carnal knowledge", but it didn't work. ;)
another good skating workout album. good for the slopes,too.

i'd have to say i liked both sammy and david lee. i was skeptical of sammy at first, but he pulled it off.

and valerie bertinelli was my generation's yoko.

Vegas Girl said:
It's past due time for Cheap Trick to get in!

lol, my high school band teacher looked exactly like bun e. carlos!

thank you mr. cooper, wherever you are.

does anyone else hear "little guitars" in their head?

can't crow before I'm out of the woods
there's exceptions to the rule
senorita, do you need a friend? i'm in love with you

(lol, i used to think the chorus was etch-a-sketch)

buckytom said:
does anyone else hear "little guitars" in their head?
thank you, now I do!

buckytom said:
(lol, i used to think the chorus was etch-a-sketch)
Yep, me too - they ought to put that one into the same genre of commercials as the "stop the catbox, lock the cashbox" ones.

DampCharcoal said:
You know you're getting old when their songs are being played on the local classic rock station. :LOL: quote]

Don't feel bad...some of my favorite music is now being used for TV commercials!

We saw Van Halen with Sammy Hagar at SIU about 20 years ago. Sammy impressed me by walking out on the catwalk that leads to the scoreboard in the big arena. Didn't seem to phase him at all...he sang his heart out!

I saw David Lee Roth (took my daughter) in Evansvile, after he split from VH. We had really good seats, very close to the stage. I guess the music was OK...I found myself mesmerized by the skintight latex pants David Lee was wearing. He may as well have been naked. :ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom