Cooking and Chatting both start with "C"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCJ

Assistant Cook
Well, here goes. I am new to this online community thing, but do love to cook and chat--Especially love to chat about cooking and crafts. I love to trade recipes and talk about new things others have tried. Unfortunately, most of my friends just like to eat my cooking but don't get into the actual cooking aspect so I am interested in finding others with this same passion.

Right now I am an English teacher who is stuck in the classroom until further notice. What I really long to do is to be an interior faux painter/finisher. I love to work with a variety of materials, even concrete! I have concrete countertops and stamped concrete on the front and back porch which my husband and I did together. If it is creative, I love doing it. Creating lesson plans is not the type of creativity I prefer, however.

Enough for now. Hope to hear from others who love experimenting in the kitchen!

JC

Well, JC, you've come to the right place if food is one of your passions. Stick around and enjoy the company here. This is a great group and very willing to share and exchange ideas, etc. You should have a super time. Welcome to DC.

Welcome JC,
nice to have you join us.While we here all have a passion for good food, many of us also love to create beautiful objects.
kadesma:)

Welcome to the community! I'd love to see a picture of your concrete countertops.:)

I would love to have concrete countertops - want to come north a tad? I'll cook!!!!! :chef:

Glad to have you. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your recipes too.

MJ said:
Welcome to the community! I'd love to see a picture of your concrete countertops.:)

Hey MJ - I'll have her do one more practice run on my counters then she can come do yours! ;)

Trying to find the pictures on the computer of the kitchen redo I did. I have the printed pictures so I guess I'll just scan them and attach them to this. How do I do that? Just click on the "Insert Image" icon? I have about five images, is this too many?

Go to the Member Photos (to blue bar) and follow the directions there. It should be pretty self-explanatory. It's fixed now so that will help a lot!!!! :LOL:

Hi JCJ!
It's really great to have you here!
And, when you're vacationing in Southern California, you can always do my countertops too! I've seen them on home shows and they are fantastic!!!

The pictures are uploaded

:wacko: Well, I finally figured out how to work this computer thing to get the pics online. This is the first time I have ever showed the kitchen to "strangers" i.e. people I have never met face-to-face. Kind-of nerve wracking! I don't know how much of the descriptions show, but I can say that I am proud of my accomplishments. I've got pictures of other rooms in the house I have done, but they don't involve anthing to do w/ cooking! Hey, if you have a copy of the Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publication "Do It Yourself" for Spring of 2007, they use my faucet in the article on kitchen face lifts. Ok, so they didn't get the idea from ME, but it's still cool to see something you have been using for a while featured in a magazine. I think I'm going to send them a picture of how I used the faucet with concrete and not granite.

JCJ said:
Pictures are online. I have several I've uploaded. jc
Thanks for the pics! They look really cool - I might PM you to get some info on cement countertops.:cool:

Go to the members photos and you can search concrete countertop or kitchen redo. I can't remember what I named the third set, but just look for the bright yellow kitchen walls with brown cabinets. That's them.

Back
Top Bottom