"Kitchen & Cook" goes bye-bye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Hey, Nicholas Mosher and Robo410 and anyone else who subscribes to Ktichen & Cook, listen up. In today's mail I received a notice that the November/December 2006 issue of the magazine was the LAST one that will be published.

I still have over a year left on my subscription and the letter offered me a choice from three other publications to finish my time. I didn't care for any of them. Called the company and was forwarded to another number (800-513-8407). I called that number and told the rep I wanted a refund instead of any of the three mags. She was very cordial and told me that she'd made a note and I should receive my refund in about 4 to 6 weeks.

I'm sorry the magazine won't be around anymore because it was one of my favorites. Boo hoo! Life goes on.

jennyema said:
I liked that mag. They have my money too.

What were the other choices?

The three choices were:

Food and Fitness Advisor
Environmental Nutrition
Antiques Roadshow Insider

If you subscribe, you'll probably receive the same letter as I. There was no phone number on the letter. The first phone number I had came from a folder in which I keep all my magazine subscription information.

I just read the letter I received yesterday a little closer and what it said made me even happier I asked for a refund.

Even though the last issue was November/December 2006, if I opted to choose any of the other publications, I wouldn't start receiving them until APRIL 2007. That means they would have a lapse of January, February and March, which means they would be using/keeping 3 months of my money. Now I'm even happier I asked for a refund.

Thanks for posting the ph #. I certainly will be asking for a refund also.

I was pretty upset about getting my letter too. I really loved that magazine!!! Thanks about the telephone info. I don't like any of the other choices either.

News flash!

The subscription refund I requested on January 16th arrived in yesterday's mail. The person I spoke to at Kitchen & Cook said it should come in about 4 to 6 weeks. So anyone who asked for a refund should get theirs very soon.

Back
Top Bottom