I am playing with a recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donnagodfrey

Assistant Cook
My husband loves pork tenderloin...the skinny ones....and he comes in odd hours and so I have be able to make food fresh....My daughter got us a new George Foreman Grill and I love it....so I decided to make a raspberry Chipolte sauce and marinade them, saving 1/2 for a dip.

I started with a box of frozen raspberries (18 ounces), thawed them and drained them. I added a (7 oz.) can chipolte peppers in adobo sauce,3 tablespoons sugar,3 tablespons white wine and 1 cup raspberry preserves.
I pureed the chipoltes and adobo sauce in food processor to make a paste.
Add raspberries and the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
It was hot! I added 1/2 cup wine to 1/2 of it and marinated the thick sliced pork until he got in.
The other 1/2 was reserved for a dipping sauce(without the wine)

It turned out juicy and good. You still had the pork taste. The dipping sauce was a bit hot for me but John loved it.

Next time I think I may add only 1/2 of the can of peppers. But I liked the smoky taste from the adobo sauce.

I had some sauce left over and added it to mayo and we used it on a Cuban like sandwich grilled in the George Foreman. That was good also.I see a lot of ways to use raspberry chipolte mayo!
What might you add or delete?
It would be grilled whole but we are in an apartment complex and cannot grill on the patio.

As it is, I would add nothing else. But you could substitue good, fresh cherries for the raspberries. If you want something less sweet, and with a sour zing, use rhubarb instead. You could also change out the wine and use a wine vinegar in its place.

Oh, chopped raisins would be good, added after the sauce is made. You could also add something like chopped pecans to add texture and flavor, or chopped, smoked-almonds.

The basic sauce would be great also if you substitued pineapple for the raspberries, or even diced apple. And if you remove the fruit, except for maybe the cherries), and add cilantro, diced avacado, and onion, then you would have a savory take on the recipe.

Just some ideas to tinker with.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

It sounds wonderful! Inviting us all over for dinner is the only thing I can think of to "improve" this dish :chef:

The recipe I have uses raspberry vinegar (I usually have sherry vinegar handy). The vinegar gives it a great flavor.

I love the ideas

Cherry is my favorite and I can get the best ones at Harry's Internationl Market here in Atlanta.....Owned now by Whole Foods.
Whole Foods Market : Stores : Mariett (Cobb)

This idea rocks for me...
The basic sauce would be great also if you substitued pineapple for the raspberries, or even diced apple. And if you remove the fruit, except for maybe the cherries), and add cilantro, diced avacado, and onion, then you would have a savory take on the recipe.

We love cilantro and avocado.....and with pineapple that would be great.....
I am going to try that too.....now to talk my husband into going to Harry's

As Goodweed said, using rhubarb makes a great taste with that soury taste to it. It all depends on how sweet you like it though, overall I think this is great and tastes really GOOD :D

I love raspberry chipotle sauce. There is a commercial one (roasted raspberry chipotle) made by Fischer&Wieser that you can get at Costco in quart bottles that are reasonable--sold in pints in supers for big money!. And on another board, there is a recipe to make it similar to Donna's but with 'way 'way less chipotle. I am a wimp and that would not be for me!!
I fix tenderloins by marinating in whatever I am doing that day--usually a type of teriyaki with ginger marmalade--then sear in a cast iron pan and finish in a 425* oven for 15 minutes. Serve with more soy/ginger sauce.
Oh, and yesterday for my book club refreshments I served that raspberry chipotle sauce over a brick of cream cheese with some crackers. Really good.
Oh, and finally, that sauce is REALLY good on salmon.

Remove the wine, blend the other ingredients with 1/4 c. Chambord. Then simmer for 10 min. You could add some fresh herbs as well.

I love cooking with booze. :)

Back
Top Bottom