Baked Mashed Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I'd like to thank those of you who encouraged me in using baked potatoes for mashing. I finally tried it last night, and they were absolutely delicious!
I baked the potatoes (Yukon Gold) in the microwave, then mashed them with a little butter, sour cream, and a splash of milk, using the old-fashioned potato masher. They were very little trouble, and not only better than instant, but, we thought, better than the traditionally prepared ones.

Baked "smashed tators" will be on my to do list soon! As I have never thought of it!! I have been doing baked potato salad for almost forever and I know that is a plus!

I forgot to tell you that after the potatoes were tender, I cut them in half and scooped the potato out of the skins...much easier and quicker than peeling raw potatoes. Of course, you could leave the skins on, if you prefer. I just don't care for lumps of skin in my creamy mashed potatoes.

I hope you enjoy them...we sure did!

I've been making them this way for about a year. I have only peeled and boiled potatos once since I learned this technique.

Less pans, less clean up and great taste! :)

Constance, I have no doubt that your mashed potatoes dish tastes real yummy!! I do a fairly similar version except that I use olive oil and yoghurt instead of butter and sour cream. I usually serve this with grilled sausages.

I love mashed potatos with everything...seafood, beef, pork, chicken, sausage.

Not with ham though. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom