Grandmère today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
My 2nd grandchild is being born today. I'm a very excited Grandmère. :LOL: :wub:

Congratulations Grandmere:)
Lots of hugs and good wishes to mommy,baby and family.:flowers:

kadesma

HB, my hearthiest congratulations on becoming Yiayia! Best wishes to moro, and to the proud parents!!:flowers:

I've got champagne chilling and am sitting by the phone.

OK...here's a question!

How long were you/your SO/ex in labor?
1st - 18 hrs
2nd - 14 hrs

Apparently, in my case, they did. My father was a doctor and I got a really, really stern lecture about "having the baby in the parking lot of the hospital" when Nicole was born. By the time I had my third, Ryan, Daddy had died, so I dodged the second lecture, which would have been much sterner, no doubt. Still, I think he must have been stomping his feet in heaven as I entered the hospital ready to have my son. Sorry, Daddy!

dw planned a c-section, so we thought we were pretty sure how long it was going to take. sorta cut and paste; in and out like going to a carwash.

but as we were all ready to go, another woman, who was in labor for 23 HRS was rushed in and our doc perfromed an emergency c-section because he was already scrubbed and ready to go.

so we waited 4 or 5 more hours, very uncomfortable hours ready to go ourselves. finally, we were taken in and our son was born a half hour later.

unfortunately, since dw gets low blood sugar if she doesn't eat at regular intervals, our son was born with very low blood sugar and had to spend the first night in n.i.c.u..

Last edited:
Congrats HB - I've got some bubbly already chilled - I will toast at the appropriate time!

1 and only - 38 hours

With the first, went in on wednesday in labor, and labored til friday. baby to large for birth canal, so a c-section was done.
2,3,4 as soon as I was rolled into the or..c-sections for all 4

kadesma

Congratulations, Grandma!!

We're blessed with a 4 year old GD and she's just wonderful to watch as she gives my son a hard time like he used to give us. Ha!! What's really nice is that when my son, Chris, became a father, we suddenly became smart again and our advice was sought and welcomed!!

So what is on the maternity menu?? Blue or Pink?

Keep us all posted---have a great day!!!!

Holy Cow! From 1 hr to 38 hrs!

Blue is on the menu Expatgirl. Ooooh, I can't wait til he's in HS...:LOL: and acts like a normal teen. :ROFLMAO:

I had 2 boys and they nearly did me in although they were 'normal'.

LOL, Half Baked!!!!!

I would not want to go thru my son and daughter's (respectively 25 and 21 years now) teens again but I sure want them to experience the "circle of life" or commonly known as "what goes around comes around" syndrome. Ha!! They were normal, too, but they turned my toenails gray at times. Staying up until they got home safe and sound comes to mind. The coming of Grandkids make all the love and investment in our own children worth every gray hair and toenail. Glad to hear that you're expecting a grandson. And yes, I can certainy see why you are going to hang around as long as I am to see these darlings in HS. HAA!! Any names picked out yet???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom