What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkitty

Executive Chef
Hope its okay I start a new game?

What was the last movie you watched?!? :)

We watched Thank You for Smoking and LOVED it! Thought all the characters were great, especially liked the kid! Its on the must buy for the DVD collection list!!

I loved that movie redkitty.

I have been home sick for a few days now so today I watched some stupid comedy's. I started with Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. It was very dumb, but somewhat funny and entertaining.

Next I watched Beerfest. It was also very stupid, but funny. I would not want to pay money to see these, but for free they were not a waste of time.

At the movies it was Santa Clause III

At home it was - ummmmm - the last movie I watched with the family was Pirates of the Carribean - the last one, whatever that name is.

We saw Thank You for Smoking some time ago, and enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty cool, despite of the whole theme, no one actually lit up and had a puff throughout the film. The kid seems to be on high demand these days, I have seen him in quite a few films in the last couple of years. He has indeed a special talent for his age, much more than just being a cute little creature.

We haven't seen a lot of films lately, I think the latest release we saw was "Driving Lessons" starring that red headed boy from the Harry Potter series. The film was delightful, gorgeous scenery of Scotland and London suburb, and if this young actor chooses his work wisely, he could go far, he can say so much just with his eyes without saying anything.

A couple of nights ago we watched "Wedding Crashers", actually the last film we saw. It was a hoot, as expected from Owen Wilson. But this film showcased a bit different side of him, a little more than the usual goofy slacker. And it is always a delight to see Chris Walken strutting his stuff!

SPL: Kill Zone

The movie is good, but has loads of bloody, bloody violence. It also some amazing fight scenes.

The people in the US get one crazy shocking ending. The people in Asia I think got screwed.

I rented a 2-disc DVD version of the film with loads of DVD extras including TV spots, Interviews, Commentary and more......

Paul and I went and saw "NOTES ON A SCANDAL" yesterday. It's an ok movie. Nice story line... good beginning, middle and end but... you don't really get attached to the characters. There's nothing about any of them that really makes you "FEEL" anything. I just didn't care what happened to them next.

Buck and I rented March of the Penguins and saw it last week. There was a lot of hype when it came out and some of our family/friends whom we trust gave it great reviews. It was okay and we're glad we didn't spend money to see it in the theater. The scenery was beautiful and we continually were awed at the conditions the makers had to endure to produce such a film.

However, the penguins marched a little too much for us because it seemed to get a bit tedious.

The next film we're going to watch is Memoirs of Geisha, which is another film we've heard quite a bit about. The costuming, etc. might be lovely from what we've heard.

I got some dvd's for Christmas , so I finally got to see them this last week.

Forgotten
The Fog
The Frighteners
The Ring Two
As you can see I like weird movies.:brows:
The last time I went to the movie theater I saw the lastest Priates of the Caribbean.

Oh geez I forgot I saw another (or at least part of another movie) this morning. My wife is sick too and was up very early. I woke up at 4:30am and came out to the living room and she was on the couch watching The Devil Wears Prada. I watched it with her, but not from the beginning. It was not really my type of movie, but it wasn't bad either. My wife thought it was decent, but not great.

GB said:
Oh geez I forgot I saw another (or at least part of another movie) this morning. My wife is sick too and was up very early. I woke up at 4:30am and came out to the living room and she was on the couch watching The Devil Wears Prada. I watched it with her, but not from the beginning. It was not really my type of movie, but it wasn't bad either. My wife thought it was decent, but not great.

We saw that not long ago, too... not exactly my kind of film either, and that over the top kitschy cuteness of Miss Princess Diary was a bit too much to take at times, however I really got a kick out of Meryl Streep playing the evil godess (I could see she had a ball doing that, too) and the two supporting roles(Nigel and Emily) were also great, I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Katie.......

Well as you know or maybe not..It traces the lives of the 5 U.S. Marines and 1 Navy Corpsman that raised the flag on Mt Suribachi.. Iwo Jimo..Feb. 23 1945. The movie deals with their lives immediately after the event and the years following...
3 of the men did not survive that battle...3 did.
I really enjoyed it...I am glad that I went...I would recommend it highly!

As I stated earlier..My father (a marine) was on the island when the Flag was raised...so it had/has special meaning to me!

You and Buck go see it....you will be glad you did!!

We watched "Invincible" last week. Very good, "worth watching" movie, I think. I like when films are based on real people.

We saw Venus Saturday with Peter O'Toole - did not like it - depressing. Same with Notes on a Scandal I agree with Pdswife on that one. I am a baby boomer too (oldest of them born in 1946) and liked Iwo Jima & have yet to see Flags of our Father. I rented Kevin Costner's Guardian and it was lame, but he's still cute. Tonight we have Thirteen Days.

I watched
Walk the Line
Capote
Brokeback Mountain
<---my favourite of them, cried my eyes out
in the last two weeks
- we are still trying to get in all the big movies from last year :rolleyes:

the last one I saw at a theatre was Night at the Museum <--hilarious! :LOL:

VeraBlue,
My son and daughter in law saw it and told us it's the best movie they have seen this year - sub-titles - it's not in many theaters here, we will see it for sure.

Back
Top Bottom