What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
I watched Little Miss Sunshine and found it disgusting! A little girl saying that her grandfather told her how to dance to a strip song?!?!?!?!? :sick: Her grandfather is on coke?! OR meth?! And then she does some kind of strip tease with out taking off all her clothes? This is DISGUSTING! This movie should be banned from any TV or movie theatre.

I read that Alan Arkin made the little girl wear earplugs when he was in the car saying all those disgusting things - made me feel better - of course when he asked her if she had actually watched the movie she said oh yes, lots of times.

Last movie I saw was Night at the Museum on Saturday. Pretty good. Stayed a little bit at the end and there was a scene with Mickey Rooney, Dick Van Dyke and the other guy dancing. Found it humourous that Dick van Dyke can do at 70/80 what I can't do at 23! haha! Then again, he was the chimney sweep guy on Mary Poppins. But as funny as that was, nothing in the whole movie really topped seeing Mickey Rooney dance at the end. wow

"Wedding Crashers". I liked it! I am so not a movie person - I hate having to sit still that long so I avoid movie theaters & rent movies now & then so I can pause them when I want to.

Next up for me? "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory". Loved the book, loved the original & I expect to love this version, too. Johnny Depp? What's not to love?!

I watched Good Night, and Good Luck last night (with yummy George Clooney).
I really found it interesting how much the past can relate to what is happening now. (Now if we could just learn from past mistakes, things would be much better.)
:)

redkitty said:
Hope its okay I start a new game?

What was the last movie you watched?!? :)

We watched Thank You for Smoking and LOVED it! Thought all the characters were great, especially liked the kid! Its on the must buy for the DVD collection list!!
I don't watch to many movies, but the last one I watched was Kill Bill 2. :boxing:

The last three movies I saw were the very same one! Blood Diamond. Saw it three times in the theatre this past month. First with my dad who was visiting, then twice with DH. Leonardo di Caprio is such a joy to watch. He has really matured as an actor. I hope he wins the Oscar.

Chopstix, my daughter hopes Leo will win the Oscar for Hottest Man in the Universe.

Fortunately, this desire has exposed her to the modern-day version of Romeo and Juliet he made with Claire Danes and Chris Rock (Chris Rock?!) a few years ago.

Hey, I'll take any method that shoves some Shakespeare into her consciousness.

Last night I watched Cinderella Man, the story of James Braddock a boxer from the 1930's. Directed by Ron Howard, staring Russell Crowe, Rene Zellweger and Paul Giamiatti. Great movie.

Last night we watched these on dvd

Shopgirl (Steve Martin movie - it was OK)

Sherry Baby - this is really good, just came out on DVD.

Last night we saw Dreamgirls and liked it a lot. It's like going to a Broadway musical. Did not know Eddie Murphy could sing! Jamie Foxx is awesome and Jennifer Hudson deserves the best supporting award in her break out film.

I finally saw Talladega Nights and The Wedding Crashers last weekend. Talladega Nights was pretty funny but it wasn't as hysterical as I thought it would be. The Wedding Crashers was an absolute riot! I watched the unrated version so I'm not exactly sure what was in the theatrical version but I could probably guess. Also, for you adrenaline junkies, I'd recommend a documentary called Dust to Glory which follows a Baja 1000 race. Except for a brief history on the race, it's literally a high-speed off-road ride from start to finish and the cinematography is amazing. Very cool!

Last night I watched a TV movie that I had taped on Lifetime and it was called "What It Is Like To Be Fat." I thought it was done very well and I am glad that I had taped it.

The Queen. Seem to drag on IMO but Helen Mirren 's performance was exceptional.

In the theater: Night at the Museum
At home: Trainspotting (great film...less graphic than Requiem for a Dream, but same sort of idea...)

I have been netflixing Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren. A series that used to be on PBS - she's so good in them. Wish they would come back.

Back
Top Bottom