Hello all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthur

Assistant Cook
Hi all!

After a hard day at work, I came home today and made some pork chop. I made a sauce using apple sauce and tomato paste, and some coconut shavings. The combo turned out not bad!

Anyhow I figured I can learn more about cooking on the internet. So here I am!

Nice to meet you all, I am Arthur from Toronto, I am a teacher; and yes, teachers do know how to party hard, and they have amazing pot lucks in the staff room.

Cheers!

Arthur

Ciao Arthur, welcome to DC!! Sounds like you are fun loving, creative type, you will fit in well here... so don't be shy and share loads of fun and ideas with us!!:chef:

Thank you.

Thank you for your welcomes!

I was loading some photos and noticed a photo of General Tao's Chicken with Rice and Potatoes, where can I find that sauce?

I teach grade 5's, two grade 5 classes - Math English Science and Music. They are a lovely bunch of 47 kids!!!!!!

So I cook to relax myself. Is that why you guys cook too? :)

It's nice to see that we have people from all around the world! The Internet is a party room!

Hi, Arthur! Welcome to DC. This is a wonderful place and you will have a super time.

As for cooking, I began cooking when I was about 8- or so years-old. I was the oldest and ended up having to cook for my 4 siblings and my parents. My mother was not always available to cook, so it was left to me to take care of things. I've been cooking for nearly 50 years.

With the kind of start I had, one would think I would shy away from cooking and/or hate it. That's not the case. Instead, I LOVE it.

I've been the mother to 8 children over the years. Three were birth children. The rest were step or I was their guardian. Lots of long stories here.

Currently I cook for Buck, my husband, and me. Really sized down after being used to cooking for what seemed like an army.

Love to cook anything and everything. Baking breads and any kind of dessert makes me delirious. All are relaxing and rewarding to me. Still, there's nothing like preparing and smelling a hearty pot of soup or stew.

Then...there's presentation. Can't get enough of that and try to think of ways to work on the "WOW" factor.

Oh, well, you get the idea. Let's eat!!

Welcome to the DC family, Arthur!

Yes, I find cooking relaxing ... it's a creative outlet if nothing else. My apartment is too small for a piano, the neighbors don't like my accordian, bagpipes or flutes, and my painting abilities are so bad I make a Picasso look like a photo!

But, preparing a good meal for family or friends has other rewards, too. The joy of the gift of giving something that comes from the heart.

Regarding the picture of the General Tso's Chicken with Rice and Potatoes - that poster didn't post either a recipe or a link to a recipe as I remember - just a picture.

Here is a thread we had on General Tso's Chicken that might give you some ideas on the sauce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom