Hello from Indiana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pierced

Assistant Cook
Hi,

In 1995, I started eating macrobiotically. Prior to this time, any cooking I did was basic- cooking noodles for example. I ate raw veggies for 10 days because I didn't know how to cook them. Eventually I got brave and tried a stir fry. I also learned how to cook rice. :LOL:

I have since stopped the macrobiotics but I haven't lost the excitement I feel when I cook. I am interested in doing some sugar casting and also some experimentation with molecular gastronomy. I whole heartedly recommend the book The Elements of Taste anyone who wants to think of food in terms of taste values that can be combined in unusual ways.

pierced :chef:

mudbug said:
You're really marcel from Top Chef, aren't you?

j/k, bienvenue to our little family. You will find kindred souls.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I watched the whole season of Top Chef- couldn't *stand* Marcel but in the first part of the finale when he used xantham gum I thought, "cool" and finally took notice of that little thing he kept saying he was an expert in. I am so jazzed- cooking and science- not too unlike macrobiotics... just different jargon pretty much. (And more precision with molecular gastronomy).

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Welcome pierced - DC is a great place to be, lots of good cooking info/recipes and great people. Glad you found us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom