Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dove

DC Grandma
My son John (51) had a rash last week that went from itching to extreme pain. He went to the ER at 2:30 AM Friday morning. After a lot of testing it was decided he had Shingles and LEUKEMIA. We cant believe this after loosing his Dad last October. I think we are all in shock. He starts chemo next Monday for 4-6 weeks and then off to Stanford in San Francisco. I have one other son and John has a beautiful wife Sandie and two sons ages 18 and 22. The last two years have been a living h--- for us all and now this.

Please God, don't let this be true ! :( :( :(

Oh my dear Marge. I can't believe this is happening to you and your family. All I can do is send you a big hug and know that you and yours will be in my prayers.

Dove, I'm not sure what to say. This place seems like a living room at times, and everyone tries to say the right thing. Coming from me, and what my beliefs are, I fear it will sound contrived. I don't believe in a god, so I cannot say I'll pray for you.
What I do believe in is spirit and strength and community.

You've always impressed me as a good and right person. I believe that you will all find a way through this simply because it's what you do. However it happens, you won't do it alone, nor will your son. It takes a special type of person to reach out when they need to, knowing that it will help.

I hope for peaceful days and nights for your family, and laughter when tears want to prevail. Put it out there, and it will return to you.

I hope I've made you feel a bit better, knowing at least, that I am thinking of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry to hear of this new round of troubles for your family. I'll keep a good thought for you and your son.

BC

Oh, Marge, bless your heart. It seems troubles come in bunches. There were several times in my life that I felt like Job.
You will find strength to deal with this. Just keep in mind that times will get better, sooner or later.

I'm sending you strong vibes and warm hugs!

Attachments

• bighug-pink.gif
    bighug-pink.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 250
Oh Marge,
I'm so very sorry to hear this news. How, I wish, I could walk up to you, put my arms around you and give you a hug, or hold your hand, tell you it will be all better. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and in my prayers. If, you need to talk or anything please let me know..
kadesma

Marge, I can't tell you how shocked I am. I will pray for John, his family, and you. I am just in shock. I am so very sorry.

John, you and everyone will be in my thoughts and prayers Marge.

Oh Marge, words fail me at this moment...
I can just offer you a big, heartfelt...

orso5.jpg

Dear Marge,

James and I am praying for John, you, and your whole family. I know this news had to be so hard for you to hear. Do your best to keep your spirits up, and help John keep his spirits up--things will get better, I just feel it.

Barbara

Marge, just remember you are not alone, we are all here for you, with prayers and hugs. Our hearts are with you, take care, our Lord will prevail !

My heart goes out to you and your family Dove, We LOVE you so much here and We will be praying and keeping you all in our prayers. I hope you feel the LOVE from all of us here. I just want to give you a hug. Please know we are here for you forever.
Love and Hugs James :chef:

My gosh, Marge! I am so sorry to hear of this news. I have been praying for you and your family. My prayers will continue and and prayer for good health will be added. Marge, know that you have a lot of love here.

Marge,
I will most definitely being praying for John, his wife & children, for you and your other son, that you'll feel God's strength throughout this time in your lives. I wish I could give you a great big hug.

Marge, I am at a loss for words right now. You lost Paul in October, and for this to happen, and why, is beyond me. Keep strong.

You and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless you all. May the love of family and friends give you all strength.:heart:

Back
Top Bottom