Chestnuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Bought some beautiful chestnuts today..I've always just roasted them in the oven and was wondering if anyone has a favorite family recipe they would share? :LOL: My mom remembers her dad cooking them with wine, but I've no idea how that might be done..

thanks,
kadesma

hey.. look over in the general topic section... goodgiver started a chestnut topic.. I posted some stuff there, so did others.. check it out. I don't know if it's on the first page, you might have to go back a page, but it's titled chestnuts.

buckytom said:
well, you could stand in your foyer... oh, nevermind...
And with laughter I shall call it a night :) Thanks for the smiles ;)
kadesma

After you roast and peel them (this is a job, I prefer a prepared jar from Williams Sonoma, about $11) cut each chestnut into 4 quarters and put them in your basic turkey bread stuffing, add to the mix right before you stuff.

debthecook said:
After you roast and peel them (this is a job, I prefer a prepared jar from Williams Sonoma, about $11) cut each chestnut into 4 quarters and put them in your basic turkey bread stuffing, add to the mix right before you stuff.
Deb, have never used in stuffing before, but, will try it this Thanksgiving...Thanks for the :idea:
kadesma

bege said:
I made a chestnut stuffing, once, thirty-five years ago. It was good. First time I ever used chestnuts. here is a link that might help you. I wish I had the resources then, that I can find now. All kinds of recipes. I need to get some from a neighbor, and try them again.

http://www.utc.edu/Faculty/Hill-Craddock/chestnutlinks.html#recipes
bege,
thanks for the link, I'll check it out...
kadesma

Maybe the chestnuts I tried were'nt that great but I thought my chestnut stuffing had that "dry nut taste" - maybe I used too many chestnuts?

Back
Top Bottom