File your taxes for free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
I filed my taxes today, and found this link in the IRS site for a Free File program. There are a few catches- the main one being your income cannot be over $52,000. It was interesting to know 70% of taxpayers qualify for this? :ermm: Anywho, here is the link for those who may benefit from this. I ended up using the TurboTax Freedom Edition, and it was an additional $9.95 for state. I found it very helpful. My mother has always done my taxes since she is an accountant, but I figured she uses the same software, so I better figure how to do it on my own.

Free File Home - Your Link to Free Federal Online Filing

free tax filing

For anyone over 60 years of age you can go to your local Office of Aging and they will file for you free of charge.

Canadian Taxes

In Canada you can go to the gov't web site and download free software to do your taxes. Then you can "Netfile" your taxes so you get your return (hopefully a nice big return) fast and free!
NETFILE
:)
As with everything certain conditions apply.:rolleyes:
"The NETFILE transmission service is open from February 12, 2007, until September 30, 2007, for the electronic filing of your 2006 personal income tax and benefit return. Tax returns filed via NETFILE must first be prepared using one of the commercial tax preparation software packages or Web applications certified for NETFILE."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom