Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Appliances (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f84/)
-   -   Kitchen Aid (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f84/kitchen-aid-32149.html)

Angelique 02-07-2007 03:20 PM

Kitchen Aid

I'm so happy That I have a kitchen aid I it was at Macys for $149.99 I got it for 130.40 my friend had a 20% coupon I'm so happy I made two cakes when I just got it a week ago.

jennyema 02-07-2007 03:23 PM

Kitchenaid makes all kinds of machines. I assume this was a mixer?

PytnPlace 02-07-2007 04:54 PM

That's an excellent price! You're not going to believe my story. My husband bought me a KitchenAid stand up mixer a couple years ago. When he got his bill he noticed he was charged twice for one mixer. He called up the store so they would correct their mistake. The store proceeded to remove both of the charges. He called the store and told them that both charges were removed and therefore he was not charged anything for the mixer. Four months went by. My DH called each and every month when he received his CC bill, repeating that he was never charged. On the fourth month he told the manager that this was the last time he was going to call. I was in the room when he made all of these calls. That was 2 1/2 years ago and we never were charged for the mixer.

mudbug 02-07-2007 05:06 PM

Pytn, I need to know the name of that store! I need to start doing all my shopping there.

Aria 02-07-2007 06:44 PM

It probably won't happen to you mudbug. These mistakes happen once in a lifetime. Hey, you and I need one in our lifetime. Yes?

Corey123 02-07-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelique
I'm so happy That I have a kitchen aid I it was at Macys for $149.99 I got it for 130.40 my friend had a 20% coupon I'm so happy I made two cakes when I just got it a week ago.

I'm surprised that Macy's even sold K'Aid stand mixers that cheap.

Everything's so high-priced there that I rarely shop there!

PytnPlace 02-08-2007 07:53 AM

Nothing like that has happened to me b4. The store is one most of you are familiar with. I'm afraid they'll find me if I mention it. I'm completely guilt free on this as we dutifully tried many times to right the situation.

boufa06 02-08-2007 08:17 AM

PtynPlace, no need to feel guilty about it. This is what I consider good customer service and it is the store's management way of making amends for the double charges. Of course the manager should have explained that to your husband when he called. Such practice is not uncommon in the service oriented industry. When I was attached to the hotel industry, I did such things on occasions when the situation warranted it.

redkitty 02-08-2007 08:31 AM

Love my Kitchen Aid mixer! So much that I brought it to the UK and bought a converter just to use it!!! (they are super expensive here!)

Candocook 02-08-2007 08:34 AM

Kohl's pretty regularly sells them for that. Also Amazon on their Friday Sale or in their Today's Deals. Don't mean to negate the original poster at all--it is a great price, but for the others who want it, try what I have suggested.