Kitchen Aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelique

Assistant Cook
I'm so happy That I have a kitchen aid I it was at Macys for $149.99 I got it for 130.40 my friend had a 20% coupon I'm so happy I made two cakes when I just got it a week ago.

That's an excellent price! You're not going to believe my story. My husband bought me a KitchenAid stand up mixer a couple years ago. When he got his bill he noticed he was charged twice for one mixer. He called up the store so they would correct their mistake. The store proceeded to remove both of the charges. He called the store and told them that both charges were removed and therefore he was not charged anything for the mixer. Four months went by. My DH called each and every month when he received his CC bill, repeating that he was never charged. On the fourth month he told the manager that this was the last time he was going to call. I was in the room when he made all of these calls. That was 2 1/2 years ago and we never were charged for the mixer.

It probably won't happen to you mudbug. These mistakes happen once in a lifetime. Hey, you and I need one in our lifetime. Yes?

Angelique said:
I'm so happy That I have a kitchen aid I it was at Macys for $149.99 I got it for 130.40 my friend had a 20% coupon I'm so happy I made two cakes when I just got it a week ago.

I'm surprised that Macy's even sold K'Aid stand mixers that cheap.

Everything's so high-priced there that I rarely shop there!

Nothing like that has happened to me b4. The store is one most of you are familiar with. I'm afraid they'll find me if I mention it. I'm completely guilt free on this as we dutifully tried many times to right the situation.

PtynPlace, no need to feel guilty about it. This is what I consider good customer service and it is the store's management way of making amends for the double charges. Of course the manager should have explained that to your husband when he called. Such practice is not uncommon in the service oriented industry. When I was attached to the hotel industry, I did such things on occasions when the situation warranted it.

Love my Kitchen Aid mixer! So much that I brought it to the UK and bought a converter just to use it!!! (they are super expensive here!)

Kohl's pretty regularly sells them for that. Also Amazon on their Friday Sale or in their Today's Deals. Don't mean to negate the original poster at all--it is a great price, but for the others who want it, try what I have suggested.

I love mine also, but the newer one (K5SSHW) needs to be repaired on account of the grinder accessory putting too much of a strain on it, leaking meat juices into it and breaking the transmission.

The much older 20-year-old K45SS STILL works fine. A friend for life!

$130? Wow. We have to pay a minimum of $600US for one over here, and being an 'imported' item, they're *never* on sale.

So for now, I move along with my horrid "4-in-one" plastic jobbie... No planetary motion, no curves to the bowl, no motorized base. It's a PITA to use. But it's OK, because our oven burns everything, so I just don't bake... Sigh.

My newer one has somehow miraculously healed itself and it now seems to work like it did before I used the ill-fated grinder with it.

It probably needed to dry out from the time that the liquid leaked into it.

Hopefully, it won't have to go to the shop for repairs after all!

Quadlex said:
But it's OK, because our oven burns everything, so I just don't bake... Sigh.

Bless your heart! I know what it's like dealing with appliances that fight you. I used to have a stove that I'd bought from a truck salvage store. It looked perfectly fine, except for a small dent in the side. But the durned thing was always blowing out the oven heating element, which had to be ordered. The result was that about half the time, I was without an oven.
Look at it this way...by not baking, you're saving yourself lots of calories.

I Have one. Loved it, at first. It ground meat and chicken well. Produced excellent bread dough, cheesecake and quiche mixing, whipping, etc. I used it maybe 15 times. It took up too much counter space in my small kitchen. I put it in my shelves in my garage figuring I could bring it back in to use. The weight of the thing dissuades me from moving it in and out and I haven't used it in over a year. If you have room to put it where it will be used often it is excellent. I bought mine a few years ago from QVC - online - $139.50 US with shipping.

Yes, these units are very heavy and combersome, even though they are a joy to own and use!

I keep the two K'Aid Stand Mixers in the back room when not in use. The Electrolux Assistant and the K'Aid food processor stay in the kitchen. They also are heavy and combersome. But they also get used the most.

Last edited:
Just got my Professional 5 over the weekend and love it. Only made one batch of cookies so far, but the machine performed well and was very easy to use. Runs a little loud, but I think that's kind of expected given the power it has. I'm looking forward to making lots of stuff with it; mainly getting back into baking cookies a lot but more so starting to make various breads.

Back
Top Bottom