What is this and how do I use it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ebear

Assistant Cook
Help me, please. I just received this baker [?] as a gift, but I don't know what it is or how to use it. Can you tell me? It seems like a regular casserole or or baker yet it has a tall central post that is similar to a bundt pan or an angel food cake pan. But it's not a bundt pan because it has a lid and is rounded shaped, so that no cake could come out of the pan even when inverted. The central obstruction is open to the bottom of the baker, so this isn't a fanct "beer can chicken baker" or anything of that sort. I'd really appreciate any help you could offer me. That way I could thank the giver of this gift specifically, instead of simply thanking for that stoneware "thing"!

Attachments

• pot1.jpg
    pot1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 208
  • pot2.jpg
    pot2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 193

this is a pic of mine.i have no idea what it is or how to use it . I have had it for a few years now sitting above my cupboards.I have read through the other tread and not sure if mine is a steamer or not.mine seems to be more ceramic without a glaze....:huh:

since there was not really an answer given:
it could be a "[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]vegetable steamer will quickly become your favorite way to prepare vegetables. Place the steamer ON a pot of boiling water, put your vegetables and seasonings in the steamer and enjoy an amazing culinary treat a short while later.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]" https://rockriff-mach7.4ecommerce.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RRRP&Product_Code=VGST&Category_Code=S
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

other than the data provided in the other thread, I have no idea, as the center part seems sealed unlike the steamer in the other thread.
my GUESS, would be for a bread ring.
bread made in teracotta plants pots is quite vogue (although it`s been done for donkeys years).

these pots (like a Wok) need seasoning though, I forgot exactly how that`s done but I`m sure it required oil and heat.
the cone in the middle allows for even heating at a guess.

I vote for a bread "tin" in this particular pic, tajeens(sp?) are similar but I don`t think it is one.

it doesn't show very well in the pic but the center is open at the top--just a smaller hole..i thought it odd it never came with instructions on how to season it, or on how to use it.
my guess is my Mom got it as a gift and not knowing what to do with it sent it to me the following year:LOL:

the appature is too small to be a steamer in all honesty, again, I don`t know exactly What it is, but it would certainly work as a bread making pot :)
maybe a Brioche (sp?) would work well in it also?

OR..... you could make the Worlds most Biggerest hugerist Bagels with it :)

Thanks, all, for the help with my "steamer." It's kind of funny that these things are around, but there are so many different guesses what it is!

Back
Top Bottom