Hello All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Qued

Assistant Cook
My name is Carol & I've been married to the same man for nearly 41 years. I have 2 sons; one married & 1 married step-daughter. We have 4 grandsons & 3 great-granddaughters. We are caretakers on a large property on the Columbia River about 6 miles below the Canadian border. We have been here since the fall of 2004 and we love it! I love to read, especially in the winter when the snow is too deep to be outside. I love to bake, especially bread, & cook most everything but, my favorite thing to eat is soup.
:chef:

Welcome Qued! The forums can be rather quiet on the weekend but just keep posting. Everyone is so friendly and helpful that I'm sure you'll enjoy DC as much as we do. :)

Welcome Qued!
It's wonderful to have you here!
Jan's right - many folks take off for the weekend, but it'll speed up in a couple of days.

Hi Qued, welcome to DC! Glad that you have joined us. Take your time to look around to discover what this site has to offer and hopefully, you could share some of your recipes and ideas with us.

Look forward to seeing some of your soup recipes.

I sometimes think a marriage that works well, as yours obviously does, is like a good wine, it get's better the older it gets!

The wrong impression

Hi Everyone,
It is clear to me that some of you have gotten the wrong impression from my post. I do not live anywhere near Washington DC. I live in the state of Washington. Remember I said I live on the Columbia River near the Canadian border. Washington DC is not near either of those. I live on a 300+ acre ranch that is 2 miles off the state highway and deep in the mountains that are part of the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. We live more than 35 miles from the nearest city and just about 100 miles from Spokane, WA. We are 45 minutes from the nearest ATM and the population of the little town where we get our mail is about 300 people.

Anyway, I'm very sorry if I misled you and thank you for your welcomes anyway. It makes me wish I did live close to DC.

Best to All,
Qued :chef:

Back
Top Bottom