Best Minestrone recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I ran across this minestrone recipe this morning, and it looks like one of the best ones I've seen. I'll have to put some meat in it for DH, though...
probably some good Italian sausage...and will use chicken broth instead of the vegetable broth.

Hearty Minestrone with Pesto

Last edited:
Connie,
the recipe looks great and I'd use chicken broth too. When I do a minestrone I always add some pesto to it. It just gives it that zing that makes it special..As for meat, the sausage would be nice or even a couple of short ribs with the bone in..The bones help the flavor and make it rich tasting.

kadesma:)

That does look like a good one. I love soups that have everything but the kitchen sink in them!!

I've used up all the pesto I had frozen from the garden this past season, but imagine I could get away with just topping this with a goodly amount of freshly grated parmesan.

Wait. I am not getting the recipe. When I clicked in on site I got Village site
and typed in Hearty Ministrone With Pesto. Not there?

Aria said:
Wait. I am not getting the recipe. When I clicked in on site I got Village site
and typed in Hearty Ministrone With Pesto. Not there?
I just went there and it brought up the recipe without doing anything ! Hmmm?

Aria - the recipe is on the iVillage site, but it takes a little bit to download. Click on the link again & wait a minute or so. The recipe will come up without you having to type anything in.

BreezyCooking, I knew help was there. Thanks again. Did what you suggested and I now have the recipe. You are a helpful person.

You're welcome Aria, but the help certainly isn't due to any genious on my part - lol!!

When the iVillage site came up, I immediately thought it was a popup & was going to delete it, but was momentarily distracted. When I came back, the recipe was there.

Otherwise, I would have been in the same boat you were : ) .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom