Why I haven't posted in the last few weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
I really didn't want to post this, but, this window popped up asking the above question....my answer is:....in the last few weeks, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had a lumpectomy Feb. 9th. Doctor is very optimistic, the lumps (there were 2 of them) were very tiny. And, I only had to have 2 lymph nodes removed. I'll see the surgeon this coming Thursday to get the final results of the biopsy of the nodes. He told me at the first visit that I would need radiation. Thank goodness, no chemo!!!

Ella, I'm so sorry to hear that, but the prognosis sounds excellent! Sounds like the doctor caught it very early.

Keep us informed as you go along and I'll be sure to be sending out prayers. Do you have a good support system?

I hope everything worked out my mom had the same thing and she got it removed and did the radiation and now she is fine! I hope everything works out the same for you and you end up being stronger because of it.

Oh Ella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am rooting for you in a big way girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!! Prayers are going out. Stay strong. It sounds like it was caught early. Hugs to you and thanks for posting and letting us know.

I'm glad they caught it early Ella. There is so much more they can do these days. We will keep you in our prayers.

:) Barbara

Ella,
Prayers, good thoughts coming your way. Remember, we are here to listen and lend a shoulder anytime you need us.
many gentle hugs.
kadesma

Ella, I can only add my warmest care and concern to that of all your other friends here. Shall look forward to hearing about you as the next few weeks go by.

Oh Ella! I send all my best wishes. As others have said, thank goodness for early detection.

On March 1st, I will have been cancer free for 11 years. Early detection was the key in my case. Like you, I had no chemo, but did have to have radiation tx for 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Best of luck to you, I'll keep you in my prayers/

Ladies, please take care of yourselves by having regular clinical checkups and mammograms.

Be blessed Ella, I've been cancer free for a little over a year now though I'll still be on meds for a few more months. I learned and grew so much dealing with it all and refused to allow circumstances to dictate how I felt. Stuck at home I started watching the food network and all of a sudden I was learning to cook and lovin' it. Stay positive, there are a lot of wonderful people in your corner, know that you are loved and be uplifted....

Carl

How can I thank all you wonderful folks for being such caring people!!! Please know your good thoughts are all with me, inside my head, giving me a "thumbs up!"....thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.....

Holy cow Ella I totally missed this thread! I'm so glad it was caught early! Glad to hear you are doing well and expect to be doing even better soon. Big hug to you and I'm glad you can be back with us now.

ella/TO said:
I really didn't want to post this, but, this window popped up asking the above question....my answer is:....in the last few weeks, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had a lumpectomy Feb. 9th. Doctor is very optimistic, the lumps (there were 2 of them) were very tiny. And, I only had to have 2 lymph nodes removed. I'll see the surgeon this coming Thursday to get the final results of the biopsy of the nodes. He told me at the first visit that I would need radiation. Thank goodness, no chemo!!!
Sounds like you caught it early - that is great!

I volunteer with the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (I am on the organizing committe for the CIBC Run For The Cure). Many survivors (including my mother) have said that it is great to have friend's and family's support but it is also very helpful to have somebody to talk to that has personally gone through it; know that there are lots of groups out there that can offer support.

http://cbcf.org/en-US/Ontario/Our%20Chapter%20in%20Action.aspx
http://cancer.ca/ccs/internet/standard/0,2939,3543_316101__langId-en,00.html

Back
Top Bottom