Toaster oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pacanis said:
Convection and around $30? That sounds like a good deal.
Maybe all newer ones have toast settings on them now, but I still favor a conventional toaster for plain white toast. What I don't favor though is two appliances that collect breadcrumbs :LOL:

No, the Oster was $58 at Costco with convection. I will go back and check my post for a typo.

Candocook said:
No, the Oster was $58 at Costco with convection. I will go back and check my post for a typo.

No. My bad. $30 better than Amazon....
I thought it was too good to be true :blush:

pacanis said:
No. My bad. $30 better than Amazon....
I thought it was too good to be true :blush:

Still a good buy and a good use of power resources. You should think in terms of summer use--baking in a small oven. I really re-did my oven use this past year.

I've found a combination toaster and toaster oven in one. Does anyone own the combo or just a toaster oven? How often do you use it?

We used to have a toaster oven, and with our kitchen renovation, we got a new combo toaster and toaster oven. We use it all the time. I like the combo better for making toast; we used to have to toast one side, then turn it over, to toast both sides evenly. Now it works like a real toaster (which it is ;)) as well as a toaster oven, which we use to reheat things like fish and French fries that you want to be crisp. Since there is usually just the two of us, I've also used it to roast vegetables and sometimes to broil chops or chicken tenders for dinner.

For the poster looking for dishes that fit the toaster oven, I found a casserole dish for it at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Back
Top Bottom