Toaster oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
I've found a combination toaster and toaster oven in one. Does anyone own the combo or just a toaster oven? How often do you use it?

I used to have the combo one many years ago, it even had a single ring hob on the top also.
as for use, Daily :)

I was Single then, so it was ideal.

I bought a refurbished Cuisinart toaster oven/broiler for 50 bucks American a few years ago at Le Gourmet Chef. I used to use it 3 or 4 times a week to make toast for breakfast or to broil meat for one, i.e. hot dogs or a burger patty, but I now use it constantly since my microwave went tango uniform.

Tango Uniform

Caine said:
I bought a refurbished Cuisinart toaster oven/broiler for 50 bucks American a few years ago at Le Gourmet Chef. I used to use it 3 or 4 times a week to make toast for breakfast or to broil meat for one, i.e. hot dogs or a burger patty, but I now use it constantly since my microwave went tango uniform.

Any chance you were in the military?

We just replaced a small toaster oven (I thought they all did both) with an Oster from Costco--$58. It is one terrific oven, but the knock on it (from Amazon reviews) is that it takes a long time to toast bread. I think that is because of the size--it is quite big and tall. But it has convection, and will even dehydrate. We are really enjoying it.
I use this small oven for many things in order to save power in my larger ovens.

I have a GE toaster/oven/broiler that comes in handy for toasting english muffins, toast, reheating things that you want to get crispy, like leftover french bread, french fries on the oven setting as well as doing broiler work for grilled cheese sandwiches, or chesse-topped hor d'eouvres

FUBAR, SNAFU, BER, US... I`m guessing TU and predict the 1`st word I shouldn`t use here so a Bra will cover that one and the second would be UP :)

I've got the combination unit. BTW Candocook, I think to be considered useable for toast they need to have the separate toast knob/timer, but yes, they will all toast bread. Anyway, I think it stinks for toast. At least compared to a conventional toast toaster, but I use it anyway because I don't have room for a lot of appliances so don't own a toaster. Like someone else said it takes forever to cook the toast plus it tends to dry the bread out before turning it a nice brown on both sides (if you're lucky). If you don't take the toast out immediately when the knob shuts off it will turn into a big crouton it is so dry. Everyone I have owned has done this.

Great for reheating pizza or cooking frozen garlic bread, but only passable for toast, IMO.

I find this very strange as mine was great for all manner of things?
this was however 15+ years ago, and it was second hand when I bought it (shortly after my G Foreman type grill died).

maybe things have changed since, Who Knows!?????

My older one cooked toast better than the one I have now. It was a little smaller. I went through three different makes and models about 2-3 years ago and settled on the one I have now, a B & D. I just kept taking them back after trying a piece of toast. I think the bigger ones are more oven-like instead of toaster-like. The bread is too far away from the elements maybe.
I sure miss that old one, but one day I turned it on and saw sparks flying behind the controls :shock:

pacanis said:
but one day I turned it on and saw sparks flying behind the controls :shock:

Awww that only means it Likes you! :)

I`de have had the thing fixed, or my case fixed it myself.
pity things have changed so much, stuff really DID last much longer and was far more repairable back then!

oh Jeez, I`m sounding Old now!:ermm::ohmy:

I love my toaster oven combo appliance. It is great to use in the summer for cooking when it is too hot to use the big oven. I have a Cuisinart and it works great. The only issue that I have is when toasting toast or bagels what I would consider medium comes out pretty light in toasting. But I just adjust the dial and all is good. I use mine 2-3 times a week and sometimes more if I have company.

Love my toaster oven. I have been looking for some pans that will fit. I have not found any. I did find some alum pans at the grocery store that are labeled for the toaster oven. Anyone have any sources for buying small pans for the toaster oven?

I want to bake round snack cakes and maybe square cornbread. Just to mention a few.

Last edited:
Pacanis, it does have a toast setting so I guess it can be considered useable for toast and be a toaster oven.
It broils, has convection, a timer, etc. It is a very versatile appliance, and right on target for baking times and temps. The Costco price is about $30 better than Amazon.

Convection and around $30? That sounds like a good deal.
Maybe all newer ones have toast settings on them now, but I still favor a conventional toaster for plain white toast. What I don't favor though is two appliances that collect breadcrumbs :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom