Cake icing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always just used confectionary sugar and milk with some vanilla extract. Usually I just start with a certain amount like a cup of each and if its to thick or thin i adjust accordingly and keep adding until i get to the desired amount.

tsi88kid said:
I always just used confectionary sugar and milk with some vanilla extract. Usually I just start with a certain amount like a cup of each and if its to thick or thin i adjust accordingly and keep adding until i get to the desired amount.

Same here (+butter though):). What type of cake is it for? I generally use different types of icing for different types of cake.

icing

Any kind of icing, mainly a basic recipie like one I can build on. Thanks for the replies.

My mom's chocolate cake icing -

melt 1/2 stick butter
add 3 T powdered cocoa (I use Hersheys)

Mix into a slurry mixture. Add 1 t vanilla, 2-3 cups confectioners sugar and a dash of milk until you reach desired consistency. This makes enough for a 9 x 13 cake. double it to make plenty to frost a 2 layer cake.

Toots said:
My mom's chocolate cake icing -

melt 1/2 stick butter
add 3 T powdered cocoa (I use Hersheys)

Mix into a slurry mixture. Add 1 t vanilla, 2-3 cups confectioners sugar and a dash of milk until you reach desired consistency. This makes enough for a 9 x 13 cake. double it to make plenty to frost a 2 layer cake.

I am going to give this a try Thanks, Coalcookin:chef: :-p

Back
Top Bottom