Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Whats the weirdest thing you've eaten? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/whats-the-weirdest-thing-youve-eaten-3266.html)

Juliev 10-12-2004 09:35 AM

I have never been adventurous like that as far as eating... but, if you're thrown into a situation for survival, you do what you have to... especially if you are stranding somewhere not close to a body of water and you can't rely on eating fish.... and vegetation is hard, you don't know what is poisonous or not.

Juliev 10-12-2004 09:35 AM

I have never been adventurous like that as far as eating... but, if you're thrown into a situation for survival, you do what you have to... especially if you are stranded somewhere not close to a body of water and you can't rely on eating fish.... and vegetation is hard, you don't know what is poisonous or not.

buckytom 10-12-2004 09:39 AM

juliev, did you stutter? :D

one of the best things you can eat, but it is disgusting, is bug soup. just find some soft bodied bugs like worms and grubs (just remember, no hairy ones), and throw in some ants caterpillars and other bugs with exoskeletons, grind it up, add water, and enjoy!!!!!

Juliev 10-12-2004 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckytom
juliev, did you stutter? :D

one of the best things you can eat, but it is disgusting, is bug soup. just find some soft bodied bugs like worms and grubs (just remember, no hairy ones), and throw in some ants caterpillars and other bugs with exoskeletons, grind it up, add water, and enjoy!!!!!

no.. things are just acting funky.. I tried to edit that first post.. and it printed it instead when I didn't want it to.. lol

Juliev 10-12-2004 09:42 AM

I'd rather have them chocolate covered if I had to eat anything like that

crewsk 10-12-2004 09:43 AM

Buckytom, I have these huge beatles around my house(they are about the size of my 2 thumbs put together). Would they work?

Seriously though, I don't think I could eat bug soup if I saw what was in it.

Juliev 10-12-2004 09:47 AM

I was a tomboy when I was little.. loved to be outside.. go hiking..etc.. I used to love to catch grasshoppers and those praying mantises (sp?). And, there was another bug .. kinda like a praying mantis called a walking stick? Those bugs used to fascinate me. We could throw those in for a delicacy.

crewsk 10-12-2004 09:49 AM

I saw a walking stick the other day! My kids went nuts when I picked it up!!

I think your additions would give it a really nice flavor & color Juliev!

Juliev 10-12-2004 09:51 AM

Those are the neatest creatures.. and Yes, it's all about presentation.

crewsk 10-12-2004 09:53 AM

Maybe even a few grandaddy long legs? Or do you think the legs would get stuck in peoples teeth?