Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner Friday, Feb. 23 (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-friday-feb-23-a-32685.html)

Barb L. 02-23-2007 07:26 AM

Dinner Friday, Feb. 23

Not cooking tonight, (I think and hope) "Take Out " !
How about you? (Iam hungry for Chinese)

Change of plans- Chinese tomorrow night--tonight Iam grilling bacon swiss burgers and left over mac n cheese ! Still good !!

Robo410 02-23-2007 07:33 AM

Made a lasagna earlier this week. Tonight is a reheat (I always save out some extra sauce) with salad. As with so many dishes, the second night means well marinated flavors.

buckytom 02-23-2007 08:35 AM

sushi and sashimi.

i've convinced dw that we're terrible catholics, so we need to have fish on fridays. so it'll be sushi/sashimi every friday until easter.

wait, is eastern orthodox easter later than ours? if so, than that's what i am.
sushi under the onion dome...:smile:

Alix 02-23-2007 10:31 AM

OH MY GOSH! I love the rationale for sushi on fridays buckytom! Geez, now I'm jonesing for sushi!

Dinner here tonight is going to be chicken cacciatore at Ken's request. I'm going to make the garlickyest caesar salad in the world to kill whatever germs are lurking in my throat and in my families bodies. Just a little warning to anyone who might drop by tonight...we're going to stink!

PA Baker 02-23-2007 10:44 AM

DH just called to tell me his sick, sick, sick! That translates to he has a sore throat and stuffy nose.:rofl: :rolleyes: I'm pulling some spicy turkey tortilla soup out of the fridge for him. This is the perfect excuse to make something DH doesn't like for Sofie and me I think it'll be polenta pie.

corazon 02-23-2007 10:50 AM

I'm supposed to go out tonight with a group of gals.

It's snowing. Hard. :mad:

I hope I still get to go, we've had this planned for 2 months. The weather says it's only raining in town so there's hope for me yet. We're going to a new Irish pub, I hope they have good food.

jabbur 02-23-2007 11:42 AM

I'm trying kadesma's prok chops in onion sauce. DH will love it fer shure since he LOVES onions. Probable add some creamy ranch rice and some veggie.

amber 02-23-2007 01:04 PM

No cooking for me. We're both in the mood for mexican take out.

pdswife 02-23-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckytom
sushi and sashimi.

i've convinced dw that we're terrible catholics, so we need to have fish on fridays. so it'll be sushi/sashimi every friday until easter.

wait, is eastern orthodox easter later than ours? if so, than that's what i am.
sushi under the onion dome...:smile:

Sorry Bucky... Greek Easter is the same as ours this year. April 8th. :smile:

pdswife 02-23-2007 01:09 PM

Oh... I just took a rump roast out of the freezer for dinner tonight.